Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2002 9:29:50 AM EDT
If you had a Mil-Spec Springfield 1911 (Full Size) and a CZ75B and both worked flawlessly - and then you were forced to sell one, which would you keep?
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The one I enjoyed shooting with the most.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, as your friendly neighborhood CZ pistol moderator, I'd have to say save the CZ.  You can get another 1911 later, which I highly recommend.

CZs are way undervalued, and I doubt that you are going to replace it later for as little as you paid for this one.

Hang tough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Tough call, but it will come down to personal preference in the end.  If it were me, I would sell the 1911.  The mil-spec models leave a lot to be desired in a good shooting handgun, in my opinion.  When you're in the market for another 1911, you might think about going for the "Loaded" model, which is much more comfortable (for me) to shoot.  

I'm not crazy about a parkerized finish on my handguns, and too many features of the mil-spec model such as the grip safety tang, minimal sights, and stiff trigger all work against me.  The 1911 is a much better gun when it's refined a bit, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep the CZ and pick up another 1911 style pistol down the road, IMHO.
Beachboy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top