Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:57:07 AM EDT
Anyone ever seen a Glock with a slide (I am guessing) Safety like this?  Where would you get one?  $$$

Or is it an Auto selector?  e.g. (Single, burst, auto?)

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That ain't a safety. It's a go fast switch on a select fire GLOCK 18. They are full auto/semi auto and oh-so fun.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's a happy switch for a Glock 18.

I have seen a frame-mounted safety on Glocks.  Can't remember the name of it, but it started with a "C".  It was developed by some Sgt with a NY law enforcement agency.  To install it, a slit is cut into the frame.  I called Glock tech support in Smyrna, GA.  I was told that the installation of the safety voided the Glock warranty due to the slit being cut into the frame.  The tech guy said it was a pretty good safety though, the slit wasn't cut into any weak points of the frame.  Come to think of it, I believe it was a Commonili (sp?) safety.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Close, its Cominolli.

www.cominolli.com/glocksafety.htm
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Very interesting.

If I still had my G23 I would be very interested.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
A safety is only a liability. IMO I wouldnt waste money on something that could impeed the function of the gun no matter what kind of views it gets. With a good holster and proper practice a safety isnt needed on any gun.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
HELL NO!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]
No, If my finger is on that trigger its there for a reason.
Safeties can't fix stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HELL NO!

+1
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anyone ever seen a Glock with a slide (I am guessing) Safety like this?  Where would you get one?  $$$

Or is it an Auto selector?  e.g. (Single, burst, auto?)

globaltactical.com/_content/_gal/_gal/dir0004/3.jpg

That is the most ghay looking gun I have ever seen! It almost blinded me!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]
If I wanted an external safety, there are umpteen choices other than Glock, so no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top