Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:32:50 PM EDT
or does anybody make an internal lazer that will fit a Springfield armory XD????thanks for any reply!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
At $400 bucks, you can get an exellent pair of night sights and a bunch of ammo with which to practice.  A Laser sighting device is NOT magic. We have yet to have anyone successfully use one to complete the relatively easy shooting portion of the CHL course.  

Like all devices, one has to practice extensively with it and learn when to use it. Just finding the red dot in a hurry is hard enough in the relative depressed lighting and confined space of the range.  Moving it to the target takes even longer. Bang, you are shot when the BG just starts shooting while you are f****g around looking for the dot.  Outside in average light, you CAN"T SEE THE DAMN THING.

Yes, I have one, but 1) I am trained and 2) I only use it in a tactical situation where there is time enough to use it and I am still using a part of my pistol to present it to the target.

I bet my life on practice and good sights first, you can bet your life on whatever you want.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply!!! however Big-FED I never asked for your shitty response about why i shouldnt get one, and how shitty they are. Give you opinion to someone who cares

BTW...........I can see shitty lazer pen dots very easily, either your eye sight is poor or maybe you arnt aiming right.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply!!! however Big-FED I never asked for your shitty response about why i shouldnt get one, and how shitty they are. Give you opinion to someone who cares

BTW...........I can see shitty lazer pen dots very easily, either your eye sight is poor or maybe you arnt aiming right.

Hey, when one posts on this forum the repsonses are from people that are honestly trying to help. Yes, at age 62, my eyesight is getting bad, but nothing in my response was a personal attack.  As the Manager of a large gunshop/range in the Dallas TX area with over 50 years of experience, I offered my advice based on what has been the general response of folks who have invested in a Laser sighting device. "Not as easy to use as they thought" is the most common response. As I stated, it is one thing when used in the relative dim lighting and restricted confines of the range, quite another when the one is outside in sunlight and waving it around with a varied, multicolored back ground.

At no time did I say or indicate that they were "crappy".  They are high quality products. I might also add that your topic specifically mentioned "LaserGrips" and NOT the "LaserLyte" even though you did say "internal" within your text. We sell both LaserLyte and LaserGrips, but LaserGrips has yet to announce a product for the SA-XD series. We also sell the Glock TCL-21 Laser/Light unit which mounts on the frame rail, which we consider as a external unit.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. In your case it appears that you want to be one more than just have one.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply!!! however (no cap) Big-FED (no comma) I never asked for your shitty response about why i (no cap)  shouldnt (no apostrophe) get one, and how shitty they are. Give you (sic) opinion to someone who cares

BTW...........I can see shitty lazer pen dots very easily, either your eye sight is poor or maybe you arnt (no apostrophe) aiming right.

I'm so pleased that you "can see shitty lazer pen dots easily" but you seem to have a problem seeing someone attempting to provide some good advice.

I see folks come into the range regularly with their tactically approved lasers mounted on their pistols but it's almost embarassing to watch them become angry when they don't hit where they aim. Usually, they spend a couple of hours in a vain attempt to adjust the laser but the laser isn't the problem.

Just watch the laser dance across the head of the B-27 and then dive to the lower abdomen when the trigger is pulled. That's a maximum of sight aid and a minimum of trigger control. I watched a guy on Saturday fight his laser-equipped 30 round Glock and he wore out his screwdriver adjusting his laser. Anyone paying attention could watch that dot dive when he yanked the trigger.

Lots 'n lots of folks come in wanting lasers, and other devices, in the belief that adding them will do wonders for their shooting. Usually it doesn't. It looks like Big FED tried to be a good friend and lend some honest advice but was awarded hostility in return. I'm not going to do the same as Big FED.

You've got good eyes and you can "see shitty little lazer pen dots easily" and I think you should buy a laser. I enjoy the entertainment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok this topic has gotten a little negative and im going to correct it.............Big FED I am sorry i jumped up your ass, but for the record im not planning to use the lazer for anything but fun and like mentioned after the fact for controling my trigger pull and maintaining stability throught . However I am a very picky shooter and would like to have every possible option available to me for my shooting pleasure! Not every thing in my collection is for practicality, actualy about 1/2 of it is for sheer fun (12g flare, crappy WASR, mossy with pistol grip and fore hand grip, several 33rnd Glock19 mgs)......................the list goes on! any how sorry for the rude comments about your eyesight, I hope the best!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, not a problem. Had you, up front, indicated that your intended use was for grins only, I would have been less emphatic about the downside.  We do serious training at our shop and have seen too many folks buy and intend to stake their life on a laser device when we know the "darkside", that it could get them (or someone else) killed.  Fortunately, that problem solves itself when they try to use it on a "safe" qualification course and fail.

As I said, I have some and use one to tease the crap out of our cats.

While not inexpensive (about $300), the Glock GTL21 with a tactical light and laser unit is a great unit that slips easily on and off the pistol rail. The LaserLyte requires substitute parts for the recoil spring/guide and takedown lever. I'm not sure if any other "permanent" modes are required.  

With there being some posts about XD's locking up from recoil guide/take down lever issues, it may not be in your best interest to use the LaserLyte. I carry my GTL21 in my pocket or on the rail on my mag carrier. I use the light more often than the laser (the functions are selectable, light only, laser only, both, or all off). There is also a ambi-toggle switch for momentary or constant on.

The main advantage of the LaserLyte, as far as I know, is that it is compatible with whatever holster you already have. When LaserGrip does come out with a unit for the XD, it, like the one for the Glock, adds bulk to the right side of the grip area and could affect being able to use some holsters. Also, being a lefty, it is righty oriented and definately doesn't work in lefty holsters.

Just my $.03 (inflation you know)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top