Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:00:27 PM EDT
I am thinking of pimpin my auto.  THinkin my Beretta 92fs.  I have been thinking about getting some kind of desert color or just the slide stainless lookin.  There is also options for cammo.  What I am wondering is if anyone has pics of pistols they have got refinished.  I really need something to look at!  Anyone have any any recomindations for a place to get it done?  Please help me!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself some Norrells Moly Resin and an airbrush and do it yourself.

I did a cheapo pistol that was rusted all to hell in a combo "stainless look" frame, with a semi-gloss black slide and hardware look, and it turned out sweet.

You need to abrasive (alum oxide) blast the metal and then clean it in acetone to remove all oils and other stuff just before shooting.   I heated the pistol up in a toaster oven to the "spray" temp, then did two quick and very light coats of the stuff.   Hung if from a hook on the top rack of the 'big" oven for final curing and reassembled.  

The moly resin is TOUGH and durable as all getup.  Highly recommended.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top