Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:02:24 PM EDT
I posted this in the para forum but apparently nobody goes there so I'll post here.

I am having a hard time loading my para mags to the full 14 rd capacity, I can get 10 rds in ok, but then after that it's like forceing a liberal to think for them selves.

and sometimes after I do manage to get all 14 rds into the mag I can shake it and a few rounds will fall out!!!

I've tried to leave them loaded and I've tried breaking them in with a lot of load unload,I've even sprayed dry silicon lubricant inside to "lube it up just to try some other way but so far they are fricken tight.

is this normal? and what could be the fix?

any help?

thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
bump...............anybody?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
your going to force me to post in GD and you know hat THAT does to the mods
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what to tell you. ( ? ) I have factory Para mags and several 16 round mags I put together from parts I purchased seperately when over 10 was baaaaaaad. All of my mags are easy to load and function without a hitch in a P-12, a P-14 and a P-14LDA. All are limited and Stainless. Great guns and great mags!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they original factory Para mags or aftermarket?  I have a bunch of factory P14 mags, and I use an HKS loader to save my thumbs. I've never had the kind of troubles you're talking about though, even when loading by hand.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#5]
P14 hi cap mags are REALLY hard to load when new. I've used mine for years and they are only now easy to load all the way.

I had the problem you are experiencing but I traced the problem to an after market follower I bought from aredondo. My fix was to switch it to another mag I had and add a new wolff spring. It worked fine after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top