Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:03:51 AM EDT
Anyone have an opinion on the HK USP subcompact?  I am considering it for CC.   Currently I use colt Officer ACP in .45. when I CC.

Please tell me what you like or dislike about it.

THX

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the size and feel of the HK USP Compact.

I have only shot the 45 and .40 Compact, so I can't talk about the 9mm. The 45 is a little larger than the .40 and both shoot very good.

The only dislike I have about the HK Compact is the price tag. But all HKs and any other well made gun is expensive.

But if you look hard enough you can find a used Compact cheap. They pop up in Shotgun News once in a while for $459 used.

I don't own a HK Compact yet......I am waiting for WI to get CC passed with a veto overide (fingers crossed) when the CC bill becomes law I will buy one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got 3 USPs, a USP .45f, .40f, and .40c. I have never had any failure whatsoever in either gun, and I have plans to purchase a stainless .45c.

Get it, you won't regret it (well...you'll regret the HK addiction!).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a USP40 Compact, and I would highly reccomend it. Accurate and dependable, and the operating controls are second nature, at least to me. I honestly cant think of any dislikes other than, as said above, the price.  You do get what pay for when it comes to guns, but I would love HK pistols all the more if they came down in price just 5-10%.

And actually I am selling my USP, if you are interested. I love that pistol to death, and it almost hurts to sell it, but I've decided that I'm a .45ACP kinda guy
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i really like my stainless uspc 9mm , no failures at all check bethany firearma in ct good prices i think i paid 649 for mine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my Compact, damn accurate gun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

\

+1000

My USPC 9 is my daily carry.  Damn the kydex holster wear, the gun is a funactionally perfect operating system, never fails, very accurate and a good "pointer"  Some folks don't care for them because they are "Boxy and thick"  but I can't think of a better carry gun.

X
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+eleventybillion

I love my compact .45 and my Compact .40.   Much more accruate than I am.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone have an opinion on the HK USP subcompact?  I am considering it for CC.   Currently I use colt Officer ACP in .45. when I CC.

Please tell me what you like or dislike about it.

THX

I think he was talking about the HK P2000 SK, since he said sub compact.  I myself have never been able to get comfortable with any sub compact. Glock 19 or HK USP compact my hand will fit, any smaller than that is just too small for my hands. I also prefer SA/DA as opposed to DAO or LEM type trigger. I think you can order the SK that way also though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I dislike my .40 USPc...it just doesn't fit me well.

The trigger is too long and curved for me; no matter HOW I hold it, it rubs the bottom of my trigger finger totally raw within 100 rounds. No kidding; the bottom curve of the trigger just really does it to me.

Mags are expensive; normal cap mags are still stupidly priced. It's pretty much a non-issue for the 9mm crowd (they can buy the 10 round .40 mags for $10 each, and get 12-13 rounds of 9mm capacity that way).

Also, for whatever reason, the .40 just isn't comfortable to me as a cartridge. I had the opportunity to run a .45 USPc side-by-side the .40 I have, and the .45 was just much more comfortable, IMO.

I purchased the handgun without doing much testing; I had shot maybe 20-30 rounds through a 9mm USPc, and liked it...not enough to get a real feel for it, though, and not in .40, which feels very different than 9mm and .45.

Just my free information...take it for what it's worth and what you paid for it

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Mags are expensive;

Nothing worth having is cheap, sir.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mags are expensive;

Nothing worth having is cheap, sir.

If you've got money to blow then go for it buddy. In my opinion the magazines look no more complicated to make then Glock mags. Why the higher price? If you say quality I am sorry but you are full of shit, my glock mags never fail me.

IMHO you are paying for a name.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:42:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the comments and advice.  I love this site cause you can get alot of good information fast and free.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll dissent. I don't like the compacts. I tried one out, and it took a single magazine to tell me that I liked my fullsize .40 MUCH better. Feels very odd to me, and I was not able to shoot it nearly as well as my fullsize.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If you've got money to blow then go for it buddy. In my opinion the magazines look no more complicated to make then Glock mags. Why the higher price?

Because they fit an H&K.

If you say quality I am sorry but you are full of shit, my glock mags never fail me.

Well, I've never claimed to never been full of shit before.  

However, there's no doubt H&K's sell for higher prices (new or used) than Glocks do. Simple math of supply & demand. If shooters wouldn't gladly pay those prices for a H&K, then they couldn't get them, no?

IMHO you are paying for a name.

See the above.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to think HK's were over priced. I've owned Glocks, Walther P99s, Springfield XDs and HK USPs.

HK's are not overpriced.

HKs are not only the best polymer guns built, but just about the best handguns built, period. I'll take an HK over any of these others every time.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I must agree about the HK quality for dollar. I have some cheap guns like a ruger P95, Glock 17 and I have some 1911's that cost 3 times what a USP cost.  The USP is IMO the best bang for the buck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top