Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2002 10:46:45 AM EDT
Looking for a compact .357sig pistol, and it's between these two.  The HK is just too big.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the SIG.  The trigger is great (or at least it was on the 9mm I carried for Executive Protection).
I can't think of a higher recommendation than relying on one myself for my "piece" of mind...
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a g32, it's my first glock and I'm very happy with it
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the Sig, I have one in .40.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
The biggest difference in the two will probably be grip angle. There, the two are very different. Try them both and get the one that points best for you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
They are both great weapons, you will be happy either way.

Try them both and see which one you like better. There's no substitute for trigger time.

If you still can't decide after that, I'd go with the Glock. It's the same size as the 239, but 5 oz lighter and holds 3 more rounds of ammo (if there is such a thing as a pre-ban mag for the G32, then it would be 6 more rounds--is there such a thing?)

There are also some training and tactical considerations. The G32 has no controls other than the trigger, so you don't need to train on or remember how to operate the P239 decocker (in a fight, under stress). The trigger pull is always the same on the Glock, first shot to last. However, you may prefer the trigger feel of the Sig, even in double action (shoot 'em both and see).

The remaining tactical issue is ammo load. If you carry an extra mag (and you should), your load with the 239 is 14+1, with the Glock it's 20+1. If you decide to even up the score and carry 2 239 mags, it's 2 reloads in a fight vs. 1. Of course, most fights are over in the first 5 rounds.

Go shoot them and let us know how you make out.

<edited for grammar, well I tried, anyway :-)>
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My choice would be the P239 over any Glock, but I am most definately NOT a Glock fan.  I have yet to own or to shoot one (a Glock) that I liked and I've owned or shot nearly every model imported into the US, including a Model 18.

For me, the grip angle and the trigger pull of the Sig's are far more comfortable and practical in stressful situations.  Just my .02 worth.

Already it's been suggested that you try both and then decide and I would agree, try them for yourself if at all possible and then make your decision.  Good luck and let us know which way you go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top