Posted: 12/18/2005 5:47:52 PM EDT
just looking for opinions and advice, not looking to buy
Click me
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Click me

If you're not looking to buy, then why ya asking? seems kind of pointless.

Never really talked to anyone with a PP. Almost got one a few times myself, but decided it was'nt what i was looking for.

I know the PPK's aren't the most comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Click me

Would it make sense to you to ask a question before you buy?

I checked the Walther and the Handgun forum, and saw no threads related to the gun I am asking about.

Never really talked to anyone with a PP. Almost got one a few times myself, but decided it was'nt what i was looking for.

Okay thanks.

I'm not trying to be rude but all I ask is an opinion, and you gave me yours.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Walther PP is a very well made piece of machinery. The .32acp is anemic for self defence and expensive to plink with. The double action first shot has a very heavy trigger to it and single action while normaly crisp is heavy as well.

Hope this helps.

Would it make a good CHL piece?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

fair enough. I'm trying not to let "the other thread" influence my response.

Maybe i read it wrong, but it seemed like you had no interest. You know, i don't want this pistol, but tell me about it.

now if you used the word "concidering" instead of  "not looking to".

Honest opinion: i'd pass. Also, you're in IL, so CHL ain't happening any time soon...least not behind enemy lines.

I picked up a CZ-50 to parry because it was small and cheap. Not a piece of crap either. But ti wasn't that great.

If you're gonna put money into a pistol for self defense, don't go cheap. Get what works the best for you, and what is the most reliable and easy to carry.

Definitly test some pieces out. find something you like, and stick with it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fair enough. I'm trying not to let "the other thread" influence my response.

Maybe i read it wrong, but it seemed like you had no interest. You know, i don't want this pistol, but tell me about it.

now if you used the word "concidering" instead of  "not looking to".

Honest opinion: i'd pass. Also, you're in IL, so CHL ain't happening any time soon...least not behind enemy lines.

I picked up a CZ-50 to parry because it was small and cheap. Not a piece of crap either. But ti wasn't that great.

If you're gonna put money into a pistol for self defense, don't go cheap. Get what works the best for you, and what is the most reliable and easy to carry.

Definitly test some pieces out. find something you like, and stick with it.

I have intentions of moving to a CHL-friendly state at some point.

And between you and me-can we put "the other thread" behind us...I already have.
(There is nothing else to see here)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have intentions of moving to a CHL-friendly state at some point.

Do it. I highly recommend it.

People thought i was crazy for requesting ND. But hey, it got me the hell out of IL. Never looked back. Plenty of places to shoot my .50, concealed carry, all NFA toys are legal, and most importantly, i hae a right to defend myself.

I spent 4 years of my life in Illinois, and i'll never regret the day i got the hell out of there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this a good gun

Yes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Would it make a good CHL piece?

with the proper placement it should be acceptable. Personally I try to make a rule out of not carrying anything smaller than 9mm
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Walther PP is a very well made piece of machinery. The .32acp is anemic for self defence and expensive to plink with. The double action first shot has a very heavy trigger to it and single action while normaly crisp is heavy as well.

Hope this helps.

+1
Get a walther PPK instead, a west german one if you can.
While .380 ACP might not be the best round for SD, it is better than .32ACP, and not as expensive.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Click me

Who cares why he's asking.  Are you telling me that unless someone is going to buy a gun, we shouldn't give them information about it?  

In answer to the question, if you like the PPK style guns, go for a Bersa Thunder .380.  Many love them, myself included, and it is not all to uncomfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Good Gun , but 32acp cost almost as much as 45acp ammo that is
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Click me

What??
Walther PPs are very comfortable to shoot. I don't know about the 32 but my Dad owns a PP in 22lr. He bought the gun in the 1970's and it has been shot thousands of times.  It is very accurate too. NAM if you live near me in WI you are welcome to shoot it any day.

I have a PPK in .380 but it is more fun to shoot the PP because it is very accurate and it is cheap to shoot.

I will agree with the others the a 32 Auto is a little weak for CCW and ammo is expensive. But the Walther PP is a very well made gun and Military Surplus is selling them for a very good price.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What??

Wasn't for me. Most people i've talked to said the same. Of course, that's not to say it's uncomfortable for everyone.

oh... and Dupe. Same question, same forum, same topic author.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=23932

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ha!  love that license plate.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a PP in .32ACP in the late 70"s. A coworker had it for sale. I told him I didn't need a .32,
but when He said $50, I coludn't pass it up.
It didn't run worth a damm until I got a new magazine from Forrest. Single or double action works fine, trigger seems a little heavy. It also has a little more muzzle flip than I would think a .32 should
have. I would buy it.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I bought a PP in .32ACP in the late 70"s. A coworker had it for sale. I told him I didn't need a .32,
but when He said $50, I coludn't pass it up.
It didn't run worth a damm until I got a new magazine from Forrest. Single or double action works fine, trigger seems a little heavy. It also has a little more muzzle flip than I would think a .32 should
have. I would buy it.  

Thanks for the opinion.  I think I will pass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top