Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 11:01:52 AM EDT
Hello everyone,

For those who have or have shot both, which do you prefer for ordinary shooting? I'm not going to need to conceal carry it typically, I have a CZ83 that's more convenient for that anyway. I've read or heard that the Compact doesn't have a USP Recoil Reducer because of the size. Does the fullsize USP have a significant difference in recoil compared to the Compact? What other deciding factors would you pick if you had to choose between the two?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Since you didn't get a response yet, I'll give you a bump.

Have you considered the Sig Tactical as another option? ... I have 0% experience with H&K so, I can't help you with your questions.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I have a full size USP 9mm and a USP compact 45, so I dont know if I will be much help.

I like shooting both as much as possible myself.  Both are exellent shooters.  I find that the USP compact points better for me.  Recoil really isnt bad on either, and I am comparing the 9mm to my compact 45.

The biggest factor I would pick if I were deciding between the two is whether or not I would be carrying it concealed.  If so, definately get the compact.

You cant go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a Glock 22 (40 cal) and now have a USPC 9mm.  Between the two I like the USPC much better.  It feels better in my hands and I can shoot it much better than I could shoot my Glock.  Not a very scientific response, but I really like my USPC 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two USP Compact 9mm's and one USP9SD.  I used to have a standard USP 9mm full size.  If I could only pick one to keep as an all-around handgun, I'd keep the compact 9mm.  However, for ordinary shooting, I prefer the full size USP's simply because they are more comfortable for me (I have large hands).  My USP compacts have a round plastic "thingy" (don't know how else to describe it) that is around the recoil spring assembly that slides up and down and makes all kinds of noise when moving my gun.  I don't know what it does, but I find it annoying.  My USP9SD doesn't have that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a USPF9 and like it a lot. It is my conceal carry gun. I am a tall skinny guy though, so my chlothes are baggy. If you are looking at HK compacts, check out the P2000s. They take USPc mags and have an adjustable handle to fit different size hands. That will probably be my next gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top