Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2002 3:36:37 PM EDT
Looking for a open carry holster for my Browning. Would like one that I can put on a belt, as well as clip on my jeans. But would be ok with one that just goes on a belt.

I've been looking at the FOBUS (even thought it doesn't clip on), as I hear these are pretty decent. But am worried about the plastic wearing heavy on the finish.

Any opinions on the FOBUS, or other quality holsters for the Browning?
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at High Noon Holsters. They make several you might like. Their quality is excellent, prices are reasonable and service almost instantaneous.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to be a big fan of the Don Hume line when you could get the IWB holster for under $30.  I don't know what they are charging now.  The Hume is better than any of the cheap generic nylon holsters, and is more concealable than the Fobus paddle holsters or most other holsters in that price range.

I have been told that the High Power and the 1911 can use the same holster.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have been told that the High Power and the 1911 can use the same holster.

A BHP wil be a very loose fit in a holster made for a 1911.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Rafter S makes some real nice leather for not alot of $$.  They are my current favorite
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a lefty, which made this problem even worse.  Blade-Tech made me a kydex holster.  It's far superior to the fobus one's I've seen and used, but at twice the price (and a little bit).  Caught BT at a gun show, and got it for $60 shipped, since he had to make another run of them.

Works really well.  My FEG and my practical both fit it quite nicely.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bianchi Accumold for mine. I'm not sure of the model number but it fits my Para P14 also. Good holster.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Fobus paddle holster for my BHP and it suits me just fine.  I have noticed a little wear on the parkerizing from over two years of use, but nothing I am going to crab about.

If you are allowed open carry, why not just get a thigh drop-leg holster ? :>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top