Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:23:37 AM EDT
Sold my trusty G21 to a friend that has been eyeing it for a while for $450.  Thats about $100 less than what I paid for it with Trijicons (he's a good friend).  Been looking at the HK USP Tactical .45 for a while now so I figured what the hell.  Dropped an additional $450 and it's scheduled to be delivered to my FFL today.  Did I make a wise choice.  The G21 was flawless.  I should have probably kept it and saved for the difference of the USP but.......Please, somebody back me up!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#1]
A very wise choice. I preferred my USP45f to my G21. I own neither now, but they are still in the family.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of people say the USP .45s feel like bricks but mine fits my hand much better than a Glock 20/21 and the function of the USP is much smoother. You shouldn't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Once I got my Tactical I never looked back. They are truely works of art... Super smooth, low recoil, VERY accurate and all in all a pleasure to shoot. Did I mention accurate?  ...

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The old buyers remorse ehhh! I had it to when I first bought my Tactical....that was until I shot it. It was so nice that I decided to get a USPc45 to carry!

Congrats!

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sold my trusty G21 to a friend that has been eyeing it for a while for $450.  Thats about $100 less than what I paid for it with Trijicons (he's a good friend).  Been looking at the HK USP Tactical .45 for a while now so I figured what the hell.  Dropped an additional $450 and it's scheduled to be delivered to my FFL today.  Did I make a wise choice.  The G21 was flawless.  I should have probably kept it and saved for the difference of the USP but.......Please, somebody back me up!

Bad choice.  When you see the light, I can trade a Glock 21 back for that toy and get you back in good grace with the church.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my USPs (yes two). But really - this is a question only You, the pistol, ammo and a range can answer. Why don't you all get together and let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wise choise ???, NOPE !!! Why would you get rid of the 21, when you said yourself "it was flawless" Never sell your guns , you will be sorry in the long run ,  found out the hard way !!!

Yes, you should have kept it !!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Go shoot it. Do you like it better than your G21? Yes? Then you did good.  Nothing anyone says here is gonna amount to a rat's ass.  Don't worry, we all get "new purchase panic" sometimes.

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A very wise choice.

+1

Not even close. I've owned a couple of Glocks so I know them well. I've sold them off & kept my H&Ks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent choise.  A trade up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]
If that is what you wanted I guess you did fine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#13]
You guys are right.  I need to shoot it and find out for myself.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Great choice, IMO.

I don't have anything against Glocks, actually I own a G19 that I like just fine, but a USP Tac is a much better gun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got both and probably prefer the TAC most of the time.  The G21 is always in my nightstand though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Exellent choice.  You ended up with an infinately better handgun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Mixed bag...

I found the USP45 to be easier to shoot accurately than the G21 due to the SA trigger, making for a nicer range experience. The dual recoil spring works and you can shoot 45 Super in a USP without changing anything. I think the safety/decock lever is in an awkward location though. It requires a crooked-thumb grip to ride it, which isn't conducive to recoil control. I like the ambi mag release concept, but I think it's a little small.

The USP is largely a proprietary system. Proprietary holsters, lights, etc. It is not nearly as well-supported as Glock or 1911. If I was only going to have one handgun the USP wouldn't be a terrible choice. But I don't enjoy having multiple sets of supporting equipment.

USPs do not hold their value well at all, so I would never buy a new one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I like the G21 and the USP45 but if I had to choose one...I'd probably go with the USP45.  I can't stand the USP in 9mm or .40 but the 45 is sweet!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I had to choose b/t the two awhile back.  Shot both a bunch at the range (a friend owned both, so I was lucky), and liked the Glock better.  Never had a problem with it.  Sure I'd be just as happy if I'd have gone the other way, but I'm too used to the Glock now to trade it and learn a new system.  It's all personal preference and what works for you.  Screw everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#21]
You definitely made the right choice. The USP .45 Tac is a sweet pistol. I did sell mine to fund my TRP Operator (a 1911) purchase, but I’ll buy another in the future.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

USPs do not hold their value well at all,

Who told you this pantload, sir?????
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's kinda funny. I don't ever plan on selling my USP, so I could care less what someone else values it at anyways.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

USPs do not hold their value well at all, so I would never buy a new one.

As for the G21 to USP, if it fits your hand well then great. The way it fits in your hand is the most important concern. Also in my opinion the usp is a hell of alot better looking than a glock and of higher quality.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge +1 here.

They hold their value better than any other handgun I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge +1 here.

They hold their value better than any other handgun I've ever seen.

+2

I have seen the same thing
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody had to tell me, I experienced it firsthand when I sold my USP45 Match, USP45C, USP9F Match, two USP9Cs, and a P2000. Clearly you have never paid for a new USP and then tried to sell it. Just cruise through the equipment exchange and you'll see what I mean. USPs selling for $450... around here new ones are selling for $750-800.

I happen to think that the current "used" price is just slightly under what they should be selling for new. The USP would be an awesome buy at $550. It just doesn't do anything particularly well to warrant the price point.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:58:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody had to tell me, I experienced it firsthand when I sold my USP45 Match, USP45C, USP9F Match, two USP9Cs, and a P2000. Clearly you have never paid for a new USP and then tried to sell it. Just cruise through the equipment exchange and you'll see what I mean. USPs selling for $450... around here new ones are selling for $750-800.

I happen to think that the current "used" price is just slightly under what they should be selling for new. The USP would be an awesome buy at $550. It just doesn't do anything particularly well to warrant the price point.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why have you bought and sold so many HKs?

Sounds like you sold under market. Care to let me know where USPs in good condition are selling for $450?

The same can be said for Glocks. I'm seeing NIB version 1 17s selling for under $400.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#31]
I paid 645 for my NIB USP .40 and see them selling for 575 frequently.

You got ripped off, then were impatient and sold them for alot less than you could have.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Why have you bought and sold so many HKs?

That's a whole different thread with lessons learned regarding logistics, manual of arms and training

Sounds like you sold under market. Care to let me know where USPs in good condition are selling for $450?

I would counter that you have an optimistic view of the market for used USPs. A quick glance at the equipment exchange here turned up a couple in the $450-500 range. The ones priced higher are not moving very fast.

The same can be said for Glocks. I'm seeing NIB version 1 17s selling for under $400.

How is that saying the same? Used V1 ones go for about $350. V3 are $500 new, go for about $400 used. And where are the NIB V1's? Those are pretty old so I'm surprised they're still around -- some people prefer them!

At any rate, enjoy your USPs. The fact that they don't hold their value doesn't mean they're bad guns from a usage point of view, just that the new sticker price is too high.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd say you made a good choice.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#34]
The finest pistol I have ever owned.

I sold it because it didn't fit into my logistics and I somewhat regret it. But I still have my 1911 :-)
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nobody had to tell me, I experienced it firsthand when I sold my USP45 Match, USP45C, USP9F Match, two USP9Cs, and a P2000. Clearly you have never paid for a new USP and then tried to sell it.
Strange, I just did that very thing a month or two ago. I suggest you not take up fortune telling because you're not very good at it.

Just cruise through the equipment exchange and you'll see what I mean. USPs selling for $450... around here new ones are selling for $750-800.
You'll find most guns have a 25% drop from NIB price to used price. This is true even for a Les Baer custom 1911. If this is news to you then you're new to guns.

Which has NOTHING to do with your original contention about them not holding their value as well as other guns, does it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top