BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:28:49 PM EDT
Would you rather have:

1) a very short (1/4 inch), but somewhat heavy (7-8 pound) trigger

or

2) a somewhat longer (1/2 inch), but somewhat lighter (5 pound) trigger

to prevent any bias, i will tell you which two handguns i am trying to decide between later. thanks a lot for the opinions. -dave
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Short and heavy. Its usually easier to lighten a pull than to shorten it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto on the (1) short, heavy pull.  I prefer shorter trigger pulls and you can always have a good smith lighten the pull weight.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
how long is the reset on each?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
thats where is gets hard to decide...the short heavy trigger has a slightly longer reset than the longer lighter trigger.

i am trying to decide between a Walther P99 QA 9mm, and a Glock 19.

The P99 QA has a very short, somewhat heavy trigger, and the Glock 19 has a longer but lighter pull.

The Glock reset is a little better, and there are cheaper mags and aftermarket products for the glock.

the p99 is truly just as reliable and accurate, but it looks a whole lot cooler and is different from what everyone else has (glock). but mags and aftermarket products for the P99 are expensive or non existant.

so help me decide. haha thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Short and Heavy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
When you shoot the Glock, don't reset it all the way.  Just go far enough to hear the click.  The first half inch of the triggers travel is the striker being moved to the cocked position.  If you do it right, you ALMOST have the feel of a single action trigger.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When you shoot the Glock, don't reset it all the way.  Just go far enough to hear the click.  The first half inch of the triggers travel is the striker being moved to the cocked position.  If you do it right, you ALMOST have the feel of a single action trigger.

+1
And if you're like me, you'll shoot better this way, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#8]
no BS, you will be able to fire the glock faster and nore accurately due to the short reset.  the first triggere pull is easy enough.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two 9mm handguns.  One is a Sig 228(long) and Glock 17(short), it almost sounds like you are describing these two exact guns.

In rapid fire I am MUCH more accurate and MUCH faster with double-taps with the Glock!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Walther P99QA and a Glock.

I would say that I like and would suggest the Glock more.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info and suggestions everyone.

RiftWeaver, since you have a P99 QA and a Glock, can you give me a few reasons to choose the Glock instead? thanks for the help. -dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top