Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:21:19 AM EDT
You know, two Colt 1911's (like in the Punisher), SAA's, Ruger P90's (like in Desperado)?

Thinking it would be uber cool.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure if you could actualy hit anything doing it. It would look cool and be loud and scare liberals but I would be better of with a hi cap mag. I guess conceled however you could pack a little more heat and two stainless autos with wood grips in a leather double shoulder holster would look neat. Bottom line. If you got the money you can not have to many heaters and gats.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have duplicates of most of my full-size pistols (2 G17s, 2 G21s, 2 CZs, 3 92s, 3 BHPs, etc.), but more for supply redundancy than for two-handed blasting...

... although I must admit (as will most honest folks here) that I've tried it a time or two in the past, just for kicks.

ETA:  There was a good thread & poll a while back on this very subject, but I can't find it...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have duplicates of most of my full-size pistols (2 G17s, 2 G21s, 2 CZs, 3 92s, 3 BHPs, etc.), but more for supply redundancy than for two-handed blasting...

What do you mean by supply redundancy?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What do you mean by supply redundancy?

(WAY OFF-TOPIC, BUT IT'S YOUR THREAD & YOU ASKED) Well, for any weapon that is my "primary" in a given application (main carry-gun, pocket-gun, bedside gun, etc.) I like to have at least one identical (or at least compatible - ammo, mags, holster, etc.) "back-up" in case something happens to render the primary unavailable/unuseable (e.g., damaged, sent for repairs or custom work, etc.).

ETA - Good example:  The three handguns mounted to the door of my in-wall, bedside safe are all Beretta 92s - same ammo, same mags, same manual of arms.  Redundancy!

* Before anybody gripes about my bedside handguns being 9mms, (1) my wife has to be able to use whatever is in there as well and (2) I'm grabbing an AR first and foremost for HD anyway.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
2 WW2 1941 USGI Colt 1911A1a and 2 1911 Colt WW1 reissues.  I shoot for  s--t with 2 pistols BTW, both my son and I tried it recently and we basically laughed our butts off we were so bad. We then tried it with .22 pistols and between transitioning sight to sight  on each of them were about 1/2 as fast as with one pistol, while shooting much worse.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
CZ 52s and Star Model B supers. Those are the only matched pistols sets for me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:44:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ended up with at least 2 of nearly everything through the years, mainly 'cause I'm old, but not for shooting at the same time.
I have done a bit of that "2 gun" long ago and found staggering the shots between two semi-autos is more managable, rather that squeezing them both off at the same time.
Also when big bore revolvers are used and fired at the same time, don't hold them too close together as they tend to recoil into each other as you are falling backwards.  

I shot 2 AR15's together a while back, actually was fun, aim wasn't worth crap cause you can't look through the sights of either.  It's actually kind of dangerous cause you don't have a free hand to remove the safety or chamber a round on both of them, best way to do that is to have someone carefully hand you the AR's chambered and ready to fire one at a time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top