Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
youz guyz is soooo sensitive...I must have hit a nerve! Here's my apology:

BOTH SUCK! GET A GLOCK!

Quoted:
HK is a $5.50  gun being sold for $700-$800 dollars.  This is a fact, not an opinion.

There fixed it for 'ya!

I'm sorry I ever posted in the thread.  Now I'll be labeled a Glock worshipper.
All I was saying was that in terms of bang for the buck, cheap mags, and aftermarket support, Glock has an edge over HK.  I do believe that HK might be a notch or two better than a Glock in some respects, but not $250 better.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOTH SUCK! GET A GLOCK!

Quoted:
HK is a $5.50  gun being sold for $700-$800 dollars.  This is a fact, not an opinion.

There fixed it for 'ya!

All I was saying was that in terms of bang for the buck, cheap mags, and aftermarket support, Glock has an edge over HK.  I do believe that HK might be a notch or two better than a Glock in some respects, but not $250 better.

Hey man what's there to be sorry about? This is an internet forum, and personal opinions should be treated for what they are - personal opinions! Lots of people love to get their panties in a wad over this shit - LIGHTEN UP...Two things I care not about are 1) making internet "friends" and 2) worrying about whether I'm offending someone. Opinions make the world go 'round...if you want a Glock, get it! If you want a Sig, get it! If you want an HK, get it!

Me personally I'll NOT spend all that extra money on an overpriced pistol and I'll instead opt for the better piece and extra ammo...and that piece is:

a GLOCK!

And all you erstwhile short-bus riders who want me to "back up my claims with facts" can go flush your heads...you have your Sig, HK, whatever, I'll keep my Glock!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey man what's there to be sorry about? This is an internet forum, and personal opinions should be treated for what they are - personal opinions! Lots of people love to get their panties in a wad over this shit - LIGHTEN UP...Two things I care not about are 1) making internet "friends" and 2) worrying about whether I'm offending someone. Opinions make the world go 'round...if you want a Glock, get it! If you want a Sig, get it! If you want an HK, get it!

Me personally I'll NOT spend all that extra money on an overpriced pistol and I'll instead opt for the better piece and extra ammo...and that piece is:

a GLOCK!

And all you erstwhile short-bus riders who want me to "back up my claims with facts" can go flush your heads...you have your Sig, HK, whatever, I'll keep my Glock!

+10000000000000000000000000
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...funny don't recall seeing the word "Glock" anywhere in the thread title or poll.

Why don't all you Glock thread hijackers go hijack some other thread. Your if your opinion is solely about how orgasmic the GLOCK is, it was not solicited here. This thread is about HK vs Sig.

Why is that so hard for you to understand.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hmm...funny don't recall seeing the word "Glock" anywhere in the thread title or poll.

Why don't all you Glock thread hijackers go hijack some other thread. Your if your opinion is solely about how orgasmic the GLOCK is, it was not solicited here. This thread is about HK vs Sig.

You know, I just read the Glock vs. 1911 thread and there was a couple H&K and Sig guys chimming in. I think it's kinda expected even if it's comparing just two makers. After all it is the handgun forum.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I just read the Glock vs. 1911 thread and there was a couple H&K and Sig guys chimming in. I think it's kinda expected even if it's comparing just two makers. After all it is the handgun forum.

Unfortunately so.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Personal preference - I don't care for DA/SA. HK gets a pass because you can carry it C&L.

I have a 226, it's a nice gun, the SA pull is pretty good and it's very accurate, but I won't carry it. Strictly a range toy.

I like everything about the HK except the price of mags. Ouch.

I carry a 1911.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Of the choices you gave I'd go with the Sig. In fact, at one time, I owned a Sig P229 9mm but I traded it off so I could obtain a second 1911A1 in 45 ACP caliber. I've looked at and shot several H&K USP's and, quite frankly, I was left underwhelmed each and every time.

FWIW, you may also want to consider the Smith & Wesson SW99/SW990 series of pistols if you're determined to get a double-action pistol. I own an SW99 in 45 ACP and, so far ,it's proven to be the cats meow (at least as far as double-action handguns are concerned) for me.

I also like springfield armorys XD and 1911A1 pistols, as well, and, as a general rule, I prefer .40's and 45's over 9mm's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOTH SUCK! GET A GLOCK!

Quoted:

There fixed it for 'ya!

a GLOCK!

Translation.......I have no facts so i'll hurl insults and pointless drivel to mask my ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Once again I wold like to point out that HK and airsoft go hand in hand.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Once again I wold like to point out that HK and airsoft go hand in hand.

Just like glock and Fisher-Price go hand in hand
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOTH SUCK! GET A GLOCK!

Quoted:

There fixed it for 'ya!

Everything has its points.  I think Glock is one of the best all around.  Can't call me a Glock worshiper, though because I don't like Glocks,  that is, the feel.  The grip angle is all wrong for me and my mutant wrist geometry.  So, my opinion of them is objective:  if you want a pistol for the purpose for which it is designed, a Glock is the way to go.  It goes bang every time.  

I have Browning High Powers, and carry either a Kel-Tec or Colt Pocket 9.  That's what works for me.  Doesn't mean Glock is bad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I posted erlier that I would get a Sig .45 if I did it again however if the USP could realy shoot .45 super without any mods and do it reliably I would probably go for that. However when I emailed HK they told me they do not recomend it. That could be legal talk since a lot of guys said they have and had no problems.

Now to get in the fray that I stayed out of because it is a HKvsSig thread and Glock was not mentioned.

I would buy  Glock!! Why? I consider them all three top notch but I am Mr ELcheapo and do not think the other two are worth the extra money. Why? I am Mr ELcheapo. I have owned a USP but not a Sig though. I still would buy a Glock. Why? I am Mr ELcheapo. LOL
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a used .45 USP last summer that had some trigger work done on it by its previous owner (Omaha Police Dept).  They sold them off pretty quickly because, honest to God, the women couldn't handle them.  Just today I picked up a .40S&W SigPro for a carry gun.  Once i get the trigger worked on it will be a very nice gun.  So take our advice and buy both!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I voted HK by a thin margin.  Own them both, love them both, but trust my HK's just a teeny bit more in a "bet your life" situation.

That said my Sig P220ST is the nicest handgun I own.  Tough choice.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
For CCW, I have a SIG 229 and an .45 compact H&K USP.

I prefer the H&K. The Sig is more accurate, but too heavy and I don't like the hammer so I carry the H&K usually.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone tried the H&K LEM trigger?

A 4 lbs. DA trigger pull sounds pretty appealing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes and Love it.. My CCW is a USPC 40 LEM..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys, chill. The "big 3" of auto pistols are Sig, HK, and Glock. They are all quality pistols with similar performance. The differences are few and relatively insignificant. We all have different tastes, and that's ultimately what you're getting-- vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate. It's all icecream in the end. So pick your favorite and stop bitching about other people's choices, otherwise your icecream will melt and get your fingers all sticky. And then it doesn't matter what flavor you picked, you'll still look like a slob and people will laugh at you because you ultimately missed the whole point: enjoying YOUR icecream is the only thing that matters.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Both are extremely high quality handguns.  Go with whichever suits your hand best.  For me it's the Sig (226 series).

+1

Sig P226
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:09:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help.

I have plenty of reasons to dislike all three, and most of them are ergonomic reasons.

I think Glock has set the standard, and if you can work with them and shoot them well, more power to you -- there's no reason to look for anything else.  I dislike the grip angle personally.

I tried the USP and I didn't like it very much, sold it.  Found it to be well made and reliable though.

I had a 226 and didn't like it much better, sold it too.  Still have 3 other SIGs but rarely shoot them.

Frankly I shoot the XD far more frequently than anything except my 1911s.  If Glock made an XD, it would be perfect and I'd never buy anything else.   Unfortunately it's made marketed by SA and they are pretty mediocre.  Yet the XD has all the right ergonomics for me, so I will keep shooting them till something better comes along.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Frankly I shoot the XD far more frequently than anything except my 1911s.  If Glock made an XD, it would be perfect and I'd never buy anything else.   Unfortunately it's made marketed by SA and they are pretty mediocre.  Yet the XD has all the right ergonomics for me, so I will keep shooting them till something better comes along.

While the thread author didn't ask about the XD, I also would recommend the XD over H&K.

I bought a H&K USPC 40. Fit my hand perfect. Perfect cary size, relatively lightweight.

THEN I shot it. WORST shooting gun I ever shot. Horrible recoil. Gun actually twisted when it fired. My wrist was hurting before I shot 30 rounds.

SOld it immediately.

The XD has Sig ergos, with polymer frame, and  a really good price (unlike H&K)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I love it when someone starts a Sig vs HK thread and the Glock morons feel the need to jump in and say how their pistol *which to my knowledge, costs Glock somewhere between 10 and 20 dollars a peice to make that they sell for 400+, keep in mind I may be off on what it costs them, but I know its some insanely low number* is the best pistol in the world and is better than Sig and HK.

Way to be fucking s

They see a superior firearm(s), and have to attack it like its the last thing they do.  Sorry ladies, the USP is everything the Glock wanted to be, but never could be.  The Sig is something completely different, but still, a hell of alot better.

If you want to use the chevy vs ford analogy...then fine.  Lets do it.  HK=Chevy.  Sig=Ford.

Glock= Crappy 300 dollar costco Go-Kart kit with a weed-whacker motor thrown together by Billy Bob to take Bertha to the flea market on sundays.

Yeah, it may get you from point A to point B like the chevy or the ford, and could even be considered reliable, but damn.

THIS ISNT A SIG VS HK VS GLOCK THREAD.  is tat two hard to unerstand?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I have shot HK USP's, Sigs , XD's and Glocks. For me , I like the HK uSP, due to the carry options and the ambi use. The XD would be my second choice, but I like the manual safety option.  All these guns are good, well built guns.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I love it when someone starts a Sig vs HK thread and the Glock morons feel the need to jump in and say how their pistol ... is the best pistol in the world and is better than Sig and HK.

Compensating for other inadequacies.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Both are excellent pistols. If possible, shoot both and then make up your mind. If not, spend some time FF'ing them in the shop and see which fits you better. This is another of those ford vs. chevy threads.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I've shot both and ended up prefering the HK. It fits my hand better so I bought a Tactical and a compact (both in 45). The Sig is obviously a good gun but you have to wonder about the ready availibility of used ones . On a serious note, you won't go wrong with either and let ergonomics guide you. If you don't want a safety, try an HK with an LEM trigger.

Advise for Glock fanatics. Glocks are  the Dallas Cowboys of guns. Either you love them or you hate them. The grip angle is profoundly different from other guns. Read....for some it feels comfortable and for others it's awkward. Buy yourself a clue with your claimed savings and realize when some one is asking specifically about Sigs and HKs, chances are they don't like Glocks. Besides Sigs and HKs don't blow up .

XDs are nice but I've seen enough failures in them to know that Sigs and HK's are more reliable. Besides XDs are not offered in 45 ACP.

Good luck with your choice.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I love it when someone starts a Sig vs HK thread and the Glock morons feel the need to jump in and say how their pistol *which to my knowledge, costs Glock somewhere between 10 and 20 dollars a peice to make that they sell for 400+, keep in mind I may be off on what it costs them, but I know its some insanely low number* is the best pistol in the world and is better than Sig and HK.

Way to be fucking s

They see a superior firearm(s), and have to attack it like its the last thing they do.  Sorry ladies, the USP is everything the Glock wanted to be, but never could be.  The Sig is something completely different, but still, a hell of alot better.

If you want to use the chevy vs ford analogy...then fine.  Lets do it.  HK=Chevy.  Sig=Ford.

Glock= Crappy 300 dollar costco Go-Kart kit with a weed-whacker motor thrown together by Billy Bob to take Bertha to the flea market on sundays.

Yeah, it may get you from point A to point B like the chevy or the ford, and could even be considered reliable, but damn.

THIS ISNT A SIG VS HK VS GLOCK THREAD.  is tat two hard to unerstand?

lol!  

That is a PERFECT analogy/metaphor. Man that is hilarious and yet so true at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Advise for Glock fanatics. Glocks are  the Dallas Cowboys of guns. Either you love them or you hate them. The grip angle is profoundly different from other guns. Read....for some it feels comfortable and for others it's awkward.
Bomber

Not "awkward" ....I'd more call the grip angle "damnable."

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Going to have to go USP on this one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#31]

And HK is a Glock-wannabe.

You know when you have a good idea? When people try to copy it (emphasis on TRY). Just about every gun company has been trying to copy Glock's polymer frame (including HK).

In the past, the Mauser set the standard for bolt action rifles and the AK-47 set the standard for assault rifles.

In the future, gun historians will look back at gun technology from 1980-2005 (and probably for the next ten years or so) and they'll tell you that Glock set the standard for semi-auto pistols.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You know when you have a good idea? When people try to copy it (emphasis on TRY). Just about every gun company has been trying to copy Glock's polymer frame (including HK).

I'd agree with one caveat - the Croations perfected the polymer frame in the HS 2000.

Now known as the XD.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

In the past, the Mauser set the standard for bolt action rifles and the AK-47 set the standard for assault rifles.

In the future, gun historians will look back at gun technology from 1980-2005 (and probably for the next ten years or so) and they'll tell you that Glock set the standard for semi-auto pistols.

Hey buddy, HK MADE THE FIRST POLYMER FRAME.  So technically Glock copied HK.  Only reason you don't hear that from HK people when referring to Glocks is because it is one of the most stupid arguments anyone could make, because it does nobody any good, except pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about.

Read up before you open your mouth.   Especially when you open it based on something as pointless as who used polymer first.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Besides being off topic that is so stupid it's hard to come up with a response but here let me try: It was Glock who copied H&K. The VP70Z and the P9S were the first composite material pistols.  Get a grip....one with a normal angle at that.

Bomber

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry, your precious Glock wasnt first...

You made reference to 1980 (Dont know when Glocks were made, because I dont care)...so that would mean...they were...what...12  years later than HK?  

lets see...1980-1968....yeah....thats 12....right?  

Just checking...

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Seriously, just get a GLOCK!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Having had both I have to say I prefer my Sigs.

Just a personal thing, over time I just decided the Sigs felt better and the controls made more sense to me. I still lust after the new OD green polymer HK USP45s, but for defense use I prefer my Sigs.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Besides being off topic that is so stupid it's hard to come up with a response but here let me try: It was Glock who copied H&K. The VP70Z and the P9S were the first composite material pistols.  Get a grip....one with a normal angle at that.

Bomber

pWned.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Actually, even HK wasn't the first one with a polymer frame. There was another gun model from some obscure company (I think it started with a v but I'm not sure) that was the first gun with a polymer frame.

I never said that Glock made the first polymer frame. I was very careful in choosing my words because I'm well aware that Glock wasn't the FIRST.

What I did say, however, is that gun companies have been trying to copy Glock's polymer frame. Glock made polymer frames popular. I'll bet you that if you mention "polymer frame" to someone, 9/10 people will think of "Glock" before anything else. Remember, the Germans invented the assault rifle, but it was the AK-47 which set the standard.

HK has a bunch of models but they aren't exactly "famous" for their polymer frames like Glock is. That isn't even up for debate. So, in that sense, HK has been trying to copy (emulate/follow/imitate/whatever the hell you want to call it) Glock's success with the polymer frame. If it wasn't for Glock becoming so popular, I don't think many gun companies would be jumping into polymer-frame designs. Glock showed that polymer frames are not only as good as steel frames, but in many cases, they are better. POLYMER FRAMES BECAME POPULAR BECAUSE OF GLOCK.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Glock has set the standard for semi-autos for the last couple decades and perhaps for decades to come.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Thanks for your replies guys, eventually I will get both. For now the most realistic next handgun for me is a Sig Pro. I'd love a real Sig or an HK but the money just isn't there.

Another thing, why do Glock snobs feel they need to hijack every thread about handguns. I ask a question about HK and Sig and I get people in here telling me to get a Glock. That fine if you like Glocks, but this thread  has nothing to do with Glocks. I already have made my choice about internal hammer DAO pistols, and that is why the only centerfire pistol I currently own is a Springfield Armory XD-9.  

That's because Glockheads are alot like Mac users- They get rabid about their beliefs despite evidence to the contrary.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Windows freezes and crashes and is vulnerable to pretty much every virus ever made. Macs don't freeze or crash. And the number of viruses to ever hit the Mac you can count on your fingers. On one hand.

Back on topic:

I did a bit of research, and technically, the first "polymer pistol" available to civilians was the Remington XP-100 (1960's).

As for the HK VP 70... it never really caught on. Military production ceased only a few years after it started, and civilian production ceased a little while later. So much for being revolutionary. The Glock 17 is still in production.

Consider what has happened in less than two decades since we saw the first G17s. Every major pistol manufacturer--and a host of smaller ones--has introduced a new model made of polymer. The majority have a simplified trigger action that is the same from shot to shot. Before the mid-'80s, there was no such gun as the Springfield XD, HS 2000, Steyr M and S series, Vektor, S&W Sigma, S&W SW99, Colt All-American, Walther P99, CZ 100, FN49 or Kahr.

Beyond any doubt, handgun designers are on the road first traveled by Glock. The trend is to polymer guns with DAO-like triggers.

www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/polymer_progress/

Yeah. Owned.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#42]
+1 for the Mac comment, I love my powerbook, much more secure and stable than Windows.  And since I don't play PC games, the mac is the best imo.  Windows is bloated and slow and needs more updates than the Rainbow6 Lockdown.

To get back on topic, both the 22X series and USP series are great guns.  I'm not a fan of the SIGpro.

The VP70 had a bad trigger pull, although 18 rounds of 9mm was rather stunning back in those days I guess.

I'm not a fan of the Glock trigger, not used to it and have no desire to get used to it.
I do admire all the fancy accessories to make the Glock "better". Kinda like the perfect 1911 platform having a bajillion things to make it "better".

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Guns and Ammo....you've gotta be kidding me. You actually take the opinion of one of those rags as the gospel. You want to bet, Glock spends more advertising money than HK with G&A?

First off, who was first doesn't matter much although it wasn't Glock. There is a group of Glock similar pistols out there although none have that awkward grip angle. Of that group, I would say the XD is equal to Glock other than the fact that Glock has been around longer. That however doesn't make it better.

There is another group that is loosely based on the Browning design. H&K and Sig follow that path. If you said H&K was copying the 1911, I'd agree with you. Saying that Glock and H&K use polymer frames therefor H&K is copying Glock does not pass a logical muster given H&K was the first out of the gates. In fact using that logic would lead you to conclude that the "fasten your seatbelt" light in a plane causes turbulance . You can try an weasel around that but the truth is Glock was not the first. I still maintain that either way it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

Glocks and HKs are very disimilar. HKs use an external hammer and can be carried cocked and locked a la the 1911. In addition, HKs utilize a grip safety a la the 1911. Glock has none of these features. Given that how could a reasonable person claim that H&K is copying Glock . Another key difference, HKs do not have a record of ballistic dis assembly. I'll take  a fully support chamber thank you.

YMMV.

Bomber

Re-acquired
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Sig P220 is king of handguns.  HK is good stuff.  But it aint the Sig
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Rule of thumb when engaging in firearms discussions:

Most people argue from the following "logic" -

"THe gun I purchased is the best, therefore proving my own firearms knowledge and financial purchasing wisdom, as well as my sexual prowess. "

To admit their firearms limitations is, in their mind, to admit their own limitations - and they just aren't gonna do that.

Read any firearms discussion. You can ALWAYS spot 'em.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Rule of thumb when engaging in firearms discussions:

Most people argue from the following "logic" -

"THe gun I purchased is the best, therefore proving my own firearms knowledge and financial purchasing wisdom, as well as my sexual prowess. "

To admit their firearms limitations is, in their mind, to admit their own limitations - and they just aren't gonna do that.

Read any firearms discussion. You can ALWAYS spot 'em.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Glock showed that polymer frames are not only as good as steel frames, but in many cases, they are better. POLYMER FRAMES BECAME POPULAR BECAUSE OF GLOCK.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Glock has set the standard for semi-autos for the last couple decades and perhaps for decades to come.

I'd say that's a fairly accurate statement.  Glock definitely cracked the market wide open and showed that polymer frames were more than just a novelty.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Actually, even HK wasn't the first one with a polymer frame. There was another gun model from some obscure company (I think it started with a v but I'm not sure) that was the first gun with a polymer frame.

I never said that Glock made the first polymer frame. I was very careful in choosing my words because I'm well aware that Glock wasn't the FIRST.

What I did say, however, is that gun companies have been trying to copy Glock's polymer frame. Glock made polymer frames popular. I'll bet you that if you mention "polymer frame" to someone, 9/10 people will think of "Glock" before anything else. Remember, the Germans invented the assault rifle, but it was the AK-47 which set the standard.

HK has a bunch of models but they aren't exactly "famous" for their polymer frames like Glock is. That isn't even up for debate. So, in that sense, HK has been trying to copy (emulate/follow/imitate/whatever the hell you want to call it) Glock's success with the polymer frame. If it wasn't for Glock becoming so popular, I don't think many gun companies would be jumping into polymer-frame designs. Glock showed that polymer frames are not only as good as steel frames, but in many cases, they are better. POLYMER FRAMES BECAME POPULAR BECAUSE OF GLOCK.

The point is, nobody cares.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top