Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:34:36 PM EDT
Well I just got myself a 6" Sig Trailside as a present to myself. I earned a full scholarship for my last year of college, so figured I can spend some of the money I saved.
Anyways, I am looking for an inexpensive but decent red dot to mount on it. It has a 3/8 dovetail on the barrel so mounting should be easy. There is a large array of red dot for around $50 or so depending on sales, and I am confused. What should I be looking for and what are some models to try or to stay away from?? I will be using it for target practice, usually from 25 yds; and of course for personal defense against those dangerous muderous zombie soda cans. Thanks for any suggestions guys.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Just bought a Bushnell Trophy (w/rings) on sale for $64 at a local sporting goods store, and gave it a home on a CO2 pellet rifle. Works fine, but on highest setting the dot has a fair amount of glare. There are a number of red dots at cheaperthandirt.com that you could check out, many in the $30 range, but it definitely becomes caveat emptor in this price range.

Congrats, and good luck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a BSA red dot with weaver rings from The Sportsman Guide for something like $40. I have it mounted on a .22 IZH 35m that I shoot bullseye with. It's a good sight to find out if you like red dots before you plunk down $200 or so on an Ultra Dot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top