Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 11:39:10 PM EDT
One of local shops has one for sale and it looks and feels like a study piece of equipment. I was wondering if anyone here had any feedback on these. Also the gun is like new and hardly looks used, is $500 a good price?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The Steyr GB has been on my list to buy for a while. I will agree with ikor that there are much better handguns out there, but the GB is a well made weapon.

$500 is a steal if the gun was sold around here. If that same handgun was in a gun shop, or at a gun show here it would have a price tag of $650 to 850. Because it is a rare gun.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]
let's try this again
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
 an interesting note is that while the GB was one of the better DA 9 mils of it's time a company in MORTON GROVE, IL. was making a gun that resembled it VERY closely, the LESP-18, and it was known as one of the WORST 9 mil DA's of the time.....I will try to find a pic

go here: this is interesting!!!  I mean THIS is interesting!:  remtek.com/arms/steyr/gb/gb.htm
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna go put money down on it. It seems like it would be an interesting piece.

Oh, yea, it also has a Beamshot attached to it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine at a local gun shop last summer for $450 - including three magazines!  They practically gave the gun away at that price because they did not know what they had.

That gun has some amazing accuracy potential built into it.  18 round all steel mags are a plus if you can find them.  They are not Glocks however and will jam if you are stupid (like I was) and try over lubricating them.  The oil mixes with carbon fouling in the gas brake chamber to make a nasty buildup that will eventually slow or halt cycling.  So be warned.

On the other hand I find recoil very managable and the trigger decent.  The DA pull is a bit too heavy but I typically only use it for target shooting.  

It is probably the best constructed firearm I own.  I do now know what quality steel they were using but when I disassemble the gun (the simplest stripping pistol in my mind) the slide will ring a high "D" when struck.

I am thinking of getting the slide refinished in some showy bright finish since it will never be a "tactical" pistol for me.  I wonder if any grips from other guns are compatible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top