Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2017 11:22:57 AM EDT
Currently working with my XD and my Hipower. I am trying to get acceptable hits on target as quickly as possible. The faster the better, but they have to be good hits. So, trading between the 2 guns doing double taps at 20 yards. I noticed I was hitting a lot lower with the hipower. I couldn't figure it out, thought I was flinching low. But what I discovered is the hipower simply points to a different place than the  xd. If I just get a descent sight picture and start cranking the trigger, hits are good with the xd. But with the hipower I have to work to make sure the gun is actively pressed up and stays there.

Now. I'm not sure what the best answer is. Hipowers do not come with adjustable back straps like everything else does now. The goal is to make hits, having to spend additional time and effort to make sure I get those hits seems counter productive. But it could be one of those things that I am barking up the wrong tree, or I have a bad habits as a result of the XD being more forgiving in this case.
I'm not sure, what do you guys think.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Different pistols, different grip angles. You need to either stick with just one type, or consciously focus on different grip angles when handling different pistols.

Are you point shooting or focusing on the front sight?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you point shooting or focusing on the front sight?
View Quote
I thought I aiming. Apparently I was doing a fair percentage of point shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top