Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2016 11:17:34 PM EDT
Anyone have any negative experience with this gun? Hickok45 and Mr gunsngear seem to love it! I'm a big Glock guy but been looking at other flavors to carry and experiment with! Also do the FNS series have a good reputation as being reliable?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It's between a sig p320 sub compact or the fns9c.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
When I got my first handgun I tried out several. The sigs were nice but a tad out of my price range at the time and I hated the 3 glocks I tried (shun the non believer). So it was a toss up between the fns9 and them m&p shield. I chose the fns9 because of the safety and ambi controls (lefty shooter). Shot over 1500 rounds out of it in the last year and had one casing somehow get stuck on its way out. Otherwise it banged every time all 1500 rounds of the cheapest shit I could get that was brass cased. when I get comfortable enough to CC  I'm going to get the compact version without hesitation. I really don't think you can go wrong the the FNS9
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Between the two, I'd go for the 320. That's what I'd like to pick up this year
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
If there's one thing I can say as someone who has owned an fnp-45tac and a fns9c, go with the sig if you value aftermarket. Holsters, sights, it's all a battle to find stuff with fn. Also, the sig 320 is what I'll be buying to replace my fns9c - after I shot one, knew I'd own one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I was looking at these 2 along with the G19. The FNS9c had dropped out of the running. I would say P320 but the G19 is slimmer for CC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was looking at these 2 along with the G19. The FNS9c had dropped out of the running. I would say P320 but the G19 is slimmer for CC.
View Quote

P320 has a better grip angle for CC over the G19/23 for me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the FNS but according to many gunsmiths and Apex they are really complicated with some weird designs internally. Alex said the fire control group is too weird to make trigger parts for it. I still like them but something to consider.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like the FNS but according to many gunsmiths and Apex they are really complicated with some weird designs internally. Alex said the fire control group is too weird to make trigger parts for it. I still like them but something to consider.
View Quote
^^ Interesting. I have one coming this week, I wonder how the internals compare to the FNP-45T I have. That was not fun to take the FCG out.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Magazine cost is my only problem with FN pistols.  Otherwise good to go pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top