Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2012 3:51:09 PM EDT
i currently own 5 9mm hand guns. i acquired gen 2 glock 17 and a star firestar plus earlier in the week in addition to my xd 9 service, xd 9 sc and my vaunted all time fav the cz75sa.

i fired 10 round strings. ammo was 125 grn lead except for the glock which was fed 95 grn FMJ ammo.

1st pistol the star fire star plus:

yeah this gun shot consistently low. worst group of the day.

next the XD9sc I don't have alot of trigger time on this one:

the XD9 service. this pistol I have the most trigger time on in the last three years:

the CZ75SA. This is my all time fav. I've won shooting trophies with this pistol:

the gen 2 glock 17:

wait....what in the diarrhea monkey shit is this? gotta be a fluke. I shoot the CZ75SA again:

ok thats better. back to the g17:

WHAT THE FUCK!!?!?!?!??!!?!??!!?

this gun can't do this shit 3 times back to the cz75sa:

ok back to the G17:

WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THIS. SHIT. SERIOUSLY. WHAT. THE. FUCK!

OK. maybe its the ammo. the other guns are dining on lead and not jacketed rounds. 10 rounds in the 17 isn't gonna blow it up.:

FUCK MY LIFE.

Ok you snarky peice of combat tupperware time to try 2 inch dots:

god damn it. you gotta be shitting me. I only shoot groups like that with the 22a.

fuck.

FML. the god damn glock easily out shot the other 4 hand guns. it beat the shit out of my cz75sa. I have done nothing  but talk up  the CZ for years. but it gets beat by a 20+ year old glock.

eta: FBHO
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the fold.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
but I had a g20 and a g36. they NEVER shot like this. not even fucking CLOSE.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't quite understand what you're getting at, I don't think there's enough swearing...
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]
9/10, you forgot to say FBHO. Would have been a 7/10 if this was GD
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice post, OP - just wondering at what distance you're shooting from.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
7 yards.

its over. my love affair with the CZ, a love affair that was 8 years old, is OVER. I used to say I'd never sell that gun because it was the best shooting handgun i've owned. I used that gun last year to put me over the top in a 2 gun competition to beat out a rival I had been trying to win against. I wasn't able to do it with the XD9 so I switched to the CZ to get me over the top.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh. I wouldn't be so hasty. That's akin to being upset one rifle shot better than another at 25 yards. Shoot 'em at 25 to see what is what.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Perhaps the CZ didn't like the ammo. Try a different whatever is best for each gun and compare again, but at a distance of 10-15 yards and see what you get. You may get the same results, but you may get something totally different. Even two guns of the same make and model, and consecutive serial numbers can like totally different ammo.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad you could join us

G17c
G19
G21
G26

MPC
Shield

RnmSBH

All  are fine handguns.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Meh. I wouldn't be so hasty. That's akin to being upset one rifle shot better than another at 25 yards. Shoot 'em at 25 to see what is what.

if the groups not small at 7 yards its not gonna shrink itself at 25.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
7 yards.

its over. my love affair with the CZ, a love affair that was 8 years old, is OVER. I used to say I'd never sell that gun because it was the best shooting handgun i've owned. I used that gun last year to put me over the top in a 2 gun competition to beat out a rival I had been trying to win against. I wasn't able to do it with the XD9 so I switched to the CZ to get me over the top.

A M&P 9 may have ended my 10 year love affair with my Glock 19. I never shot, or carried my g26, and decided to trade it to a guy I know for a M&P 9. I wanted a slightly larger gun for USPSA/IDPA, and was in the market for a g17, but couldn't get a deal going. Lo and behold the first time out with the M&P I was shooting AWESOME. WTF...I thought these guns had accuracy issues... Needless to say I am using the M&P in competition tomorrow, and this could be the end for the g19. I will hold onto the g19, but it may stay in the safe more often now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had a Berretta 92, S&W M&P 9, Sig 226, and all 9 mm Glocks(with the exception of 18.)  I personally favor the Glock, but that is just me.  the range I compete at usually only has two types of pistols, Glock, and 1911's, with a mix of CZ's, M&P's and a few Sig's.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
7 yards.

A M&P 9 may have ended my 10 year love affair with my Glock 19. I never shot, or carried my g26, and decided to trade it to a guy I know for a M&P 9. I wanted a slightly larger gun for USPSA/IDPA, and was in the market for a g17, but couldn't get a deal going. Lo and behold the first time out with the M&P I was shooting AWESOME. WTF...I thought these guns had accuracy issues... Needless to say I am using the M&P in competition tomorrow, and this could be the end for the g19. I will hold onto the g19, but it may stay in the safe more often now.

i was gonna say if you wanna get rid of the 19 let me know...I've made good use of the last item (vltor tube) I got from you.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I shot my gfs CZ Sp01 today at 25 yards. Just a hair over 3in group with federal HST.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I shot my gfs CZ Sp01 today at 25 yards. Just a hair over 3in group with federal HST.

i'm gonna break the cz down and clean the barrel thoughly tomorrow and reshoot it this week.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if the groups not small at 7 yards its not gonna shrink itself at 25.

That CZ will surely shoot a smoothbore shotgun blast-like target...no fault of your own, of course.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't quite understand what you're getting at, I don't think there's enough swearing...

+2. Great narration of the OP.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes

Glock #1
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:04:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Now you're a non-koolaid drinking Glock fan (the best type). Like me, I don't like Glocks, they're just my favorite pistol.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Take 5 Glocks to the range and chances are one or two of them will shoot better than the others.  Same for every brand of gun.

I have a Glock.  I wasn't real happy with it so I bought an XDM.  It shot better than the Glock.  So I bought another XDM.  Guess what?  The 3.8" XDM shoots better groups than the 5.25" XDM competition gun.  Then I bought a S&W M&P and it shoots better groups than the XDM or the Glock.

My new 9MM is a S&W.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 4:08:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Ammo is also a factor.

Shooter is also a factor.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 4:19:17 AM EDT
[#24]
The other day I tried my gen 2 G21 out on the 100 yard gong. I was hitting it easly. The first shot I ever took with my G26 was a bulls eye at 10 yards. I just said holy shit and smiled so big it hurt.

I've been impressed mith glock, even though I avoided them for years.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes

Glock #1

yes I owe you an apology for ever thinking the XD was as good at the Glock.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Go Glock or go home
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'm gonna break the cz down and clean the barrel thoughly tomorrow and reshoot it this week.

It's likely that the Glock trigger is simply better than the CZ's trigger. It's easy to stage the glock trigger.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quick double taps, from the holster, at 20' is what sold me on the Glock years ago...  when I noticed I was making holes touch with a 17, the Beretta I had been carrying went into the safe.

Oddly enough, the only handgun I shoot better than a Glock, is a government size 1911. But I've never felt I got my moneys worth when it comes to round count versus size/weight.

Embrace the shame...
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's likely that the Glock trigger is simply better than the CZ's trigger. It's easy to stage the glock trigger.

that maybe the situation. I did find myself staging the glocks trigger.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quick double taps, from the holster, at 20' is what sold me on the Glock years ago...  when I noticed I was making holes touch with a 17, the Beretta I had been carrying went into the safe.

Oddly enough, the only handgun I shoot better than a Glock, is a government size 1911. But I've never felt I got my moneys worth when it comes to round count versus size/weight.

Embrace the shame...

its interesting that you say that. I've always found .45 acp easy to make hits with. I had a witness .45 back in the 90s I shot IPSC with and I could regularly hit 6x6 wood blocks with it from 50 yards. I find 1911s easy to shoot too. that g36 i had was also a good shooter but nothing like what this g17 is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes

Glock #1

yes I owe you an apology for ever thinking the XD was as good at the Glock.

Accepted
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like you have a good "user interface" with your G17.  I did something similar with the XD, G17, and CZ a few years back and learned I interfaced with the XD better.  I was bummed because I really wanted the Glock at the time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't like glocks, but they like me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I tend to agree that the Glock is a magnificient firearm.  But, I attended an advanced instructor class by Tom Givens and by the 3rd day everyone who had each of those guns were shooting very tight groups.  I alternated a Glock 19 and a HKP2k, there was no difference in either by the end of the course.  Take 1K rounds, a proper instructor, and you will find virtually no difference with a modern handgun.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I wanted to hate Glocks for a long time.  Now I have 8 of them. For me, they're just the most cost effective way to put holes in things quickly, accurately, and reliably.  My buddy accused me of cheating yesterday at the range because I was easily dropping 8" plates and keeping every round in the A zone of an IPSC target with my G34 and G17.  He's struggling to "learn" the Glock trigger with his new G19.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#36]
at 7 yards any old junker pistol can shoot sub 2 inch groups when handled properly- the vast majority of your groups being in the 2-3+ inch range at 7 yards suggest FUNDAMENTAL errors in shooting technique
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Resisted Glocks for 5 years. I'm a recent convert.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#38]
I ended up with the glock 36 for ccw before the xds came out but I like the firearm. That being said I also bought the gun in preparation for ccw and do so knowing that if an altercation occurred I may not get that firearm back. I hate to say it but I would not cry if I lost the weapon. I do not like blocks I am proficient with my weapon and I picked it for calibre size and ergo at the time. If I were to buy a gun that I would be attached to it would most likely be a sig220 stainless. I have shot them and the trigger and ergo's are miles ahead of the glock for me
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#39]
So you compared accuracy of multiple handguns by using different ammo?  You either proved that you shoot a Glock better than the other handguns, or that Fed 95gr FMJ ammo is more accurate than 125gr lead.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I tend to agree that the Glock is a magnificient firearm.  But, I attended an advanced instructor class by Tom Givens and by the 3rd day everyone who had each of those guns were shooting very tight groups.  I alternated a Glock 19 and a HKP2k, there was no difference in either by the end of the course.  Take 1K rounds, a proper instructor, and you will find virtually no difference with a modern handgun.

This.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#41]
There are many variables when working out what guns you shoot better than others.

Forget most of the stuff you read and lots of stuff you have workeded out when bounceing the gun in your hand at the gun store counter.

Pay very close attention when you are at the range actually shooting the thing. I like the way you shot a bunch on the same day.
I really like a bit of time preasure. My club holds man on man plate shoots that I feel give me some insight about how I am likely to shoot a particular gun.

Some years back I sort of accidentally wound up woth a Glock 30. Feels really fat and clumsy but I surprise myself most every time I start punching holes with it. I have shoot it alongside a Glock 36 that a friend owns. The 36 feels so much better to me but I don't shoot it worth a crap.

Why are you so bent that you found a gun that you shoot well?

I know everyone is different but I am convinced that a good proportion of the folks who have talked themselves into HKs,Sigs,Springfields,S&Ws
and CZs do so just because they don't want to be part of the same old Glock crowd. Some of these guns are pretty good and of course some folks have shot them and like them for the right reasons but I feel that Glock sets a high standard.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Lots of folks these days talk themselves into what they can afford versus what they want. Glock does offer a reasonable value but they do not necessarily represent "perfection" for everyone.

As far as the groups shown, as it sits only my J frame Smith shows so poorly, with the owner being the primary limitation.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#43]
OP while I appreciate your effort this simple fact is most of the guns we all buy are more accurate than we the shooters are, your post simply shows you shoot Glocks better than you do other hand guns, more over that day with that fairly limited example you shot glocks better.

All of this below was 10 yards, different guns over the last few years.

CZ 36 rounds:

CZ compact, 50 rounds:

G19, 50 rounds:

G34 50 rounds:

XD 50 rounds:

The point is it's not the guns, but the shooter, no one gun is better than any of the others. Gun choice is about personal preference.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I dont think 7 yards would influence my opinion no matter what I shot. back up and do it all over again at 25. if nothing else you will confirm your results and justify your decision even more.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#45]
actually its the g17 I shoot better. I've shot a g19 at that  range and not done nearly as well. I owned a g20 and a g36 and couldn't shoot either of them as well as this g17.

Quoted:
OP while I appreciate your effort this simple fact is most of the guns we all buy are more accurate than we the shooters are, your post simply shows you shoot Glocks better than you do other hand guns, more over that day with that fairly limited example you shot glocks better.

CZ 36 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/3afc1faf.jpg

CZ compact, 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/f7f23f26.jpg

G19, 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/Picture10-23a.jpg

G34 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/7-17003.jpg

XD 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/8-31001.jpg

The point is it's not the guns, but the shooter, no one gun is better than any of the others. Gun choice is about personal preference.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#46]
here's what my g17 does with cheap remington ammo.  unbeatable i tell ya!

ETA: also 7 yards, 5 rounds under time pressure.  drawn from holster, top number is the time in seconds, bottom number is time to 1st shot.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a Glock 30 and a CZ SA, I would consider them both equal in accuracy.  The CZ would win though if it didn't have crap for a trigger.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Well people say what they want about XD's but I swear by them as does Rob Pincus. they are a great pistol. I have never had any luck with Glocks at all. I personally cannot shoot a Glock. I love my XD and XDm and have them in 9mm, .40 and 45 and love them all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#49]
at 7 yards those aren't groups
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
actually its the g17 I shoot better. I've shot a g19 at that  range and not done nearly as well. I owned a g20 and a g36 and couldn't shoot either of them as well as this g17.

Quoted:

CZ 36 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/3afc1faf.jpg

CZ compact, 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/f7f23f26.jpg

G19, 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/Picture10-23a.jpg

G34 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/7-17003.jpg

XD 50 rounds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/8-31001.jpg

Could be that the recoil from the .45 and 10mm were too much for you
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top