Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 6:07:23 PM EDT
When drawing my G19 to do drills etc. for speed I tend to put my shots to the left of center about 8 inchs and a few inchs high at 20 yard. It is worse at longer distances and gets better as I get closer to the target.
I have tried varying my grip and the part of my finger that is on the trigger.
I have checked the zero from bags and it is down the middle.
This is a frustrating and annoying problem as it ruins my attempts to improve my accuracy.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lee
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you left or right handed?  If you are left handed, it is possible that you are "pulling wood", meaning that you are not squeezing the trigger straight back.  You should be SQUEEZING straight back with the pad of the finger, not pulling.  Some people prefer the distal joint, but I've found that the pad works for most of the people I've trained.

What stance are you using?  One or two hands, and iscoceles or weaver?  Give me an email, and I'll try to get you back in the black, or find someone who can.  It's been a while since I've been able to squeeze a trigger myself, but the basics remain the same.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same problem with shooting to the left, and finally had to install an adjustable rear sight to compensate. It's strange, but I only have this problem when I shoot MY gun; whenever I'm shooting someone else's, I do just fine, especially my SCHP buddy's G22 (and I don't like Glocks). Go figure.......
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all, I have not been over to the handguns forum for awhile.
I am trying to break myself from the general discussion forum on the AR side.
Things get to weird there.

Lee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top