Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2001 6:04:16 PM EDT
What is the worse accident you have ever had involving a piece of farm machinery?
For me it was the time I sucked grandma up in the bailer. It took them seven days to get her cut out.
All was not lost though. Grandpa paid me five bucks and said is was the best weeks vacation he had since they had married 40 years before.

Grandma and grandpa are both, sadly, in that big ol' hay field in the sky now. Grandma still bore twine marks when she died.

(Hey, hey, hey! At least it is a topic and something to talk about okay?)
Link Posted: 10/13/2001 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
On a serious note, at a county fair here in NE Ohio, a steam-powered tractor blew up and killed five people including the owner and his son.

The apparent cause was too little water in the boiler.  It was a bad scene.

'Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I broke a finger in a cattle squeeze and I had a steer charge me and smash my knee because I was too stupid to get out of the way.

Farming & Ranching are one of the most dangerous industries because you are almost always far from help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:50:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Does taking a wizz on an electric cattle fence count?  It still hurts thinking about it. [>(]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a buddy get hung up in a rod weeder while oiling the chain. Lost some hair and ripped up his clothes. He came out pretty good except for a bruised up ego. To have him tell the story is too damn funny.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a neighbor that chewed up his hunting dog with the combine while picking the corn.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does taking a wizz on an electric cattle fence count?  It still hurts thinking about it. [>(]

HOOO HAAA! Just a city boy on a country hike with the cub scouts... I learned to look for the insulators after that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 2:16:22 AM EDT
[#7]
When we moved out here to take over my fathers land, (we moved from Manhattan), I had never worked a tractor before, my wife was outside giing me encouragment while I got on and started up the $45k lawn mower.  I got it moving good enough and didn't know about the gear changes, and wound up driving the thing into a lake, I stayed on the seat trying to do *SOMETHING* (I don't know what) until the water was over my head (a good 15 feet or so).

The person hurt?  My wife, she got splinters in her butt from the chair she was sitting on, when she started laughing so hard and was wiggling herself all around.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]
My cousin,Terry Smith,fell off the tractor while GP was brush hogging.The biggest part left was 9" long.She was 11 yo at the time.
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My cousin,Terry Smith,fell off the tractor while GP was brush hogging.The biggest part left was 9" long.She was 11 yo at the time.
cpermd

Sweet Jesus! Contest over, we have a winner/loser.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate those accidents. Did hear of a fella that was under a stripper basket and his wife didn't know he was there and was going to move the stripper. Let the basket down on him.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top