Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 1:20:04 AM EDT
I am a glock owner, taurus owner, and keltec owner.

Wondering about these Steyr guns.  I hear they have features of glock, yet safer with new bells and whistles.

Feedback appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#1]
found this link, but wondered if any new stories or whatever

http://handguns.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=1025
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they were discontinued and are being closed out. Parts would be my main concern. Gun Test magazine just did a shoot with one, recently. They didnt like the triangle sight picture.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Steyr was leasing the land that their production facilities responsible for the Steyr M and S series pistols were located on and thru some type of business agreement, BMW (who is adjacent to the Steyr facility) acquired the land occupied by Steyr to expand their own facilities. Steyr is supposed to have something in the works to resume production of the pistols(M series anyway).
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an aquaintence who shoots IDPA with one. I have shot the gun numerous times. It is nice, personally I would have one of those before I bought a Gleeck. The cant of the grip and frame is different...I think it is set at 30 degrees. This is a unique feature that causes the gun to point very naturally. It is more of an extension of your arm and wrist. The site set up is different as previously mentioned but is one of those things that just takes getting used to. I would find it hard to go from one site type to another if you shoot multiple guns. If it were your primary weapon I don't think it would be much of an issue. All in all, it is a fine weapon that would be worthy in anyones collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top