Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 9:52:56 AM EDT
Yes, I've read the ads that say they make original equipment magazines - but I'd like to hear from someone who actually has used or owns Mec-Gars and what they think about them. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Walther and several other companies use Mec-Gar as their factory magazines that are brand stamped and come with their pistols. They are very high quality magazines. I REALLY wish they made them for HKs so I didn't have to pay $50ish per magazine, because I'm sure they'd be as good as if not better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ive used Mec-Gar SIG P220 magazines extensively.  They worked without fail.

I have had MANY of their Browning Hi-Power magazines.  They are excellent too.  Feed reliably every time for me.  I had two older ones that had seen A LOT of use develope cracks at the rear of the feed lips.  They are the only two Ive seen do it out of the 9 I owned, so Im considering it a fluke.  I do prefer the original military BHP mags,  just because they feel more stout.

+1  same.  Function side by side with other factory sig mags, 100%
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding mags.  My Beretta mags work flawlessly.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard nothing but good reviews about Mec-gar mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top