Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 4:27:28 PM EDT
Anyone own an older Charter Arms Bulldog and and have Charter re-blue it?

A couple of months ago I purchased a Bulldog 3", '80s vintage, for about $175 at a local gunshow. Smoooooth action, finish a little worn, but NO rust...just a nice patina.

Anyway, on Charters website they advertise reblueing for $100+shipping and I decided to give it a shot. I figured a nice shiny new finish on this inexpensive investment was worth a shot.

I just got it back today. The finish looks more like a parkerized finish than a blued finish. No shine, just a matt, slightly rough finish. And the smooooth trigger...it'll take another 20 years to get it back to what it was before being refinished.

Am I upset with Charter? NOT AT ALL. I think they make fine revolvers, I'm just publicly kicking myself in the ass for not doing enough research. Overall, the reblueing (parkerizing?) job was well done. Just not what I expected, I was wanting a nice shiny finish.

Oh well, that dealer did have a twin to the pistol I purchased...I couldn't deside between the two. I think I will track him down and get that other Bulldog. And not refinish it.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Charter Arms has been in & out of business several times under several similiar names. "You gets what you pays for."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top