Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 6:36:39 AM EDT
Who has one and what do you think of this type of 92?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and use it exclusively in competition.  I absolutely love it.  I shoot my 92G Elite II more than any other pistol I own.  It's dead on accurate, failure-proof, and just overall badass.

If you have any other specific questions IM/email me.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
How does the Elite II compare to the previous Elite?  I've noticed that there's a price jump between the two, but I'm not quite sure why.

Ross
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How does the Elite II compare to the previous Elite?  I've noticed that there's a price jump between the two, but I'm not quite sure why.

Ross

Checkering on the frame instead of just serrations, larger mag release, stainless slide, target crown, Novak sights, newer style skeletonized hammer (heavier than 92Elite), stainless grip hex head screws, 92D hammer spring for better DA and SA pull weights.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have one and use it exclusively in competition.  I absolutely love it.  I shoot my 92G Elite II more than any other pistol I own.  It's dead on accurate, failure-proof, and just overall badass.

If you have any other specific questions IM/email me.

+1

Everyone has their own taste when it comes to firearms.  Some like Glocks, some hate Glocks.  Some like 1911s, some just don't "get it" when it comes to 1911s.  For ME, and I speak only for myself, the Elite II is the ultimate full size handgun platform for the 9mm caliber.  There is nothing that has a better trigger, less recoil, or is more accurate.  The worksmanship exhibited in the construction of the one I have makes it well worth the extra money.  It has never failed in any way through more than a thousand rounds.  The sights are kind of small for combat, but excellent for competition, and this gun shoots EXACTLY to point of aim.  From distances of 15 paces or less (say 7-10 yards away) I routinely put ten shots in one ragged hole, standing.  Awhile back I was goofing off with a friend of mine who had hung his target on the backstop with two clothespins.  We were trash talking each other and just to be an ass I shot the clothespins from about 15 yards away with two fairly quick shots, and his target fell to the ground before he could get a shot off.  Of course I was just messing with him and we cleared our guns and I put it back up, but the point is the gun is THAT accurate for me.  In IDPA or informal competitions I can fire this gun faster than any other, and a double-tap to the chest or head will leave two holes spaced about an inch apart, one slightly higher than the other.

Is it worth the extra money over a standard 92FS?  Abso-friggin-lutely.  I have only one complaint, and that is that the extended mag release button came off somehow and I can't find it, so one of these days I need to order a new one from Langdon Tactical Tech.

Gratuitous pics:

Elite II with my Springfield XD subcompact carry gun.

With uber-hi-cap 30 round mag.  Sorta goofy but way fun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
+1
there are no real mechanical problems w/ the 92 berettas.  they are as proven and reliable as any high quality handgun (sig, glock, 1911, etc...).  it really comes down to what feels good in your hand.

at the time i was shopping for a pistol, the E2 just fit my hand better than any other highcap 9mm.  my E2 has served me very well over the last 5 years as my primary competition pistol.  that being said, i am considering switching platforms due to small ergonomic reason that have developed since my shooting has improved.   i'm thinking about the XD or a hi power.

but, if the 92 models fit your hand, the E2 is the top of the line.  the little extras that increase the price, really do make shooting it that much better.  the heavier slide really does help w/ mussel flip.  the extended mag button makes reloads faster.  the trigger is much better than stock beretta.  

i've made many modifications to my E2, but it was a great platform to start from and things like the dovetail sights allow it to be modified much more.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
(Shameless plug mode on)

I've got one for sale on the EE.  $600 plus shipping.

VSP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top