Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 1:55:10 PM EDT
I just picked up an MPA 380 protector today.  I thought I would share some pictures and impressions of the gun.

The gun itself is similar to the NAA Guardian and Seecamp.  The Guardian and Seecamp are cast stainless while the MPA Protector is machined from 4140 bar stock.  My particular gun is in fairly good condition.  It isn't as pretty as my .32 Guardian which does have the custom carry melt job and polish job.  The fit of the slide to the frame is about the same.  The MPA has a smooth trigger pull that feels like it is about 7 pounds.  The NAA in comparison is 10 pounds or more.

Size wise the 380 MPA is smaller than the 32 Guardian.  It is very close in size to a 380 Seecamp.  The Guardian is a .32 however and the 380 Guardian is much larger than both these guns.

The only bad things I can see are the grips are cheap.  They make the NAA grips seem well made.  Also, the factory magazine is a Promag.  I am going to see if a Seecamp 380 or NAA 380 mag can be notched to fit.

The big thing going for the MPA is that none of the parts are cast or MIM.  Everything is from 4140 bar stock.  The Guardian was $380 when I bought it 5 years ago so that makes the MPA protector a deal at $268.

Top Top