Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:26:08 AM EDT
I took my brand new Kimber Pro TLE RLII to the range yesterday.  I came back  a little P-O'd and very disappointed.  It jammed AT LEAST every third round.

The spent shells were not ejecting correctly...i have no idea as to why...but, the end result of the jams were spent shells halfway to two-thirds of the way still in the chamber and the next bullet in the mag pushing up on it.

I have never used anything but high-quality 230 ball rounds...and NEVER reloads in any of my 45 handguns.  In four years of shooting, I have never had a jam in an H&K.  I wanted something different, so I bought the Kimber.  I want to stick with the Kimber, IF I can straighten this issue out.

Thank God I was at the range and not in a life or death situation.

PLEASE, can anyone offer some help?  Thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Lumpy, I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you asking me if it has an external extractor, or are you saying that it could be the problem?  Until now I've basically just shot and cleaned.  My handgun terminology is lacking.  I'm very interested in what you have to say about it though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:23:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:31:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have it sitting in front of me.  How can I tell?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
No there is not.  There is a solid black piece of metal fitted into a groove cut into the slide just behind the ejector port.  Does that mean mine has an external extractor?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:42:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:45:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Seriously, thanks for taking the time here this morning to help me out.  I will go ahead and contact them.  Have a good one!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:46:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:51:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I took my brand new Kimber Pro TLE RLII to the range yesterday.  I came back  a little P-O'd and very disappointed.  It jammed AT LEAST every third round.

The spent shells were not ejecting correctly...i have no idea as to why...but, the end result of the jams were spent shells halfway to two-thirds of the way still in the chamber and the next bullet in the mag pushing up on it.

I have never used anything but high-quality 230 ball rounds...and NEVER reloads in any of my 45 handguns.  In four years of shooting, I have never had a jam in an H&K.  I wanted something different, so I bought the Kimber.  I want to stick with the Kimber, IF I can straighten this issue out.

Thank God I was at the range and not in a life or death situation.

PLEASE, can anyone offer some help?  Thanks in advance.  

Haven't heard of a Pro TLE-II
They make a Custom TLE-II. Is this the one you have? It's shown on this Kimber page:www.kimberamerica.com/special.php
If it is, it has an external extractor (meaning it's visible from the outside of the slide... actually kind of blends in with the slide. The extractor is what pulls the empty brass out of the chamber after a round is fired). I have a couple Kimbers, a Pro CDP and a Tactical Custom II. The CDP has an internal extractor and the Tactical has an external. I have had similar problems as yours with my Tactical. My problem seems to be that a round might not be fed fully into the chamber at times. I called Kimber about it and got to talk to one of the gunsmiths who gave me their shipping address. Plain and simply he said, if the gun isn't working right, ship it to them, he'd fix it and make sure it was working right, then ship it back to me. I haven't got around to ship it to them yet but rest assured I will. I'm sure they'll take care of it. I recommend you give them a call too.  (800) 880-2418 or email at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:27:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it the 4" barrel Pro TLE RLII...it's the new model with the equipment rail.  New model...maybe that's why the problems.  I'm calling Kimber this morning.  I'm not going to give up on it just yet.  I really like the feel and the weight of this pistol.

Thanks again Lumpy, and thanks also NPD.

Off to work...uggh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top