Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2011 8:01:20 PM EDT
Im in the market for a new set of night sights to go with a Smith and Wesson M&P Pro.

I think i will be buying Warren Tacticals but im still wondering which system to go with. The gun will see IPSC use but it will be an HD gun

The types im looking at are: Warrens 3-dot tritium, 2-dot tritium or simply getting a tritium front and keep the factory rear in place.

You opinions and if you can post pics of your Warren setups i'll appreciate it.

Thanks

J
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have found that I really like the Tru-Glo Tritium Fiber Optic sights (TFO). I prefr the yellow rear/green front. The yellow is less bright than the front making it stick out more in the dark. I have read reviews where some don't like this but my eyes aren't very good (very near sighted) and I can make out the sights at night w/o glasses well enough. I can't do that with any other typical tritium sight.

I don't hve any pics of them and my camera batteries are dead but you should be able to google them easily enough.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I like XS Big dots but the Warrens are good sights as well.

Here's a pic of Trijicons (3-dots) next to XS Big Dots (2-dots) on G19s

Link Posted: 2/19/2011 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Are 2-dots faster than 3-dot setups or is it just personal preference?

Thanks

J
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks

J

I personally find them (2-dot) to be really slow compared to 3-dot sights.  Others disagree.
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me ask you this: When you shoot do you only use the front sight or only the rear sights when shooting?

That is your answer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Warren 2 dot setups on my M&P's, but have no pictures yet.  During the day, you probably won't notice the dot in the rear sight.  Its small and doesn't draw your eye away from the front.

If you want the 2 dot setup, those are about as good as they get, and IMHO they're my favorites.  The rear sight is designed to be "out of the way", but will still give you every opportunity to shoot accurately.

The only other sights I'd be looking at (and will be putting on my CCW M&P9C) are Ameriglo Operator sights.   They're three dot so a bit different than my warrens, but have a slightly wider notch in the rear to give you that nice big front to let your brain focus on.  They have tritium in the rear, but without the white dots, so during the day rear is just as good as a blacked out sight.
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks

J

Completely personal preference.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Best pic I have of Warren 3-dots on an M&P (I painted the front sight fluorescent orange):

Link Posted: 2/21/2011 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Best pic I have of Warren 3-dots on an M&P (I painted the front sight fluorescent orange):

Liking this setup.

What did you use for paint?

Thanks

J
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liking this setup.

What did you use for paint?

Thanks

J

I degreased the front sight, then brushed on a coat of Testors flat white enamel paint, followed by a coat of Testors Fluorescent Red.

Link Posted: 2/21/2011 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#11]
If you guys like the red front, try out the Ameriglo pro-glo front.

Its basically bright red paint with a tritium insert.  Catches the eye really well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its basically bright red paint with a tritium insert.  Catches the eye really well.

I have been considering the Ameriglo Pro Operators for my G19. There are so many great sights on the market it is tough to decide.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been considering the Ameriglo Pro Operators for my G19. There are so many great sights on the market it is tough to decide.

I would definitely go with those, or try their new "straight 8" style operator sights.

Ameriglo has some fantastic options, they're just not very good about sharing them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would definitely go with those, or try their new "straight 8" style operator sights.

Ameriglo has some fantastic options, they're just not very good about sharing them.

Thanks for the reply. The rounded corners of the Pro Operators look great for CCW. Do you like green/green or green/yellow?
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Where are you guys getting your Ameriglo sights? Directly from them?

Thanks

J
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Another pic to muddy the waters - Ameriglo Pro Operators on an M&P9c:

Link Posted: 2/22/2011 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Who all does 2 dot systems besides Heine and XS?
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#20]
i prefer solid rear (10-8) with a tritium front.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I finally ordered some Ameriglo sights for my G19. I chose the "GL-212-OR" "ProGlo" for the front and the "GL-227-OP-R" "Pro Operator" for the rear. They shipped out today so the waiting game begins.

Ameriglo Night Sights
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top