Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 6:12:39 AM EDT
I ran about 500 rounds through my new XD40 and didn't like the heavy trigger pull so I took it to a local gunsmith and had the pull reduced to 4.5#.  Since then, about 2-3 times per 100 rounds, the trigger will just freeze until both the grip and trigger safeties are released and re-engaged.  I've taken it back to the smith and he can't find anything wrong with it.  I fabricated a couple of devices to engage both the grip and trigger safeties while shooting to eliminate the possibility that it was my grip or trigger technique that caused the problem but it still occurs.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Your gunsmith fouled up your trigger job.  

Send it back to Springfield to have them do the trigger job.  You will have it back in 7-10 days with a trigger as smooth as glass.

They may even fix it under their lifetime warranty, but if you want them to lighten your trigger they charge a small fee to do the trigger job, and yes, they will do it right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
You may also want to ask the same question on www.xdtalk.com

That whole board is devoted to the XD.  

PS. I absolutely LOVE mine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Your gunsmith fouled up your trigger job.  

Send it back to Springfield to have them do the trigger job.  You will have it back in 7-10 days with a trigger as smooth as glass.

They may even fix it under their lifetime warranty, but if you want them to lighten your trigger they charge a small fee to do the trigger job, and yes, they will do it right.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top