Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2010 8:15:29 AM EDT
anyone have any suggestions? anytime i shoot it it wants to back out the left side of the sight.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you could try replacing it with a new roll pin.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't have a new one (the best bet) you could remove the old, and spread the opening a bit. You could also flare the ends with a prick punch.

In the long run, a new pin is better, though-

Larry
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Flare the ends, or put a very slight bow in the middle of the pin to give it some spring.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for all the help. i took the pin out and its not a roll pin, just a regular solid pin.

after i took it out i noticed theres a tiny spring inside the channel the pin rides in. im guessing this is just to put some tension on the pin to keep it from backing out? anyway i couldnt get the pin  in with that spring there for the life of me, so finally i just took it out. is this anything to worry about?

also could i just put a tiny tiny amount of loctite on the pin? perhaps just on one end of it, so no loctite would contact the center portion of the sight and keep it from pivoting on the pin when you adjust elevation?

FYI the sights are marked trijicon h3 07 ( but a quick google search showed that h3 just means tritium and 07 is year of manufacture) and also roll marked springfield armory and their logo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Put the spring back in –– it provides tension against the elevation screw detent.

Stand the pin up vertically on a solid surface, and tap it gently a few times with a light hammer, like you're driving a nail.  This will flare the end which will provide more friction when it's inserted.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Put the spring back in –– it provides tension against the elevation screw detent.

Stand the pin up vertically on a solid surface, and tap it gently a few times with a light hammer, like you're driving a nail.  This will flare the end which will provide more friction when it's inserted.

im pretty sure i broke the spring, because the piece that came out is only 2 or 3 coils. ill need a new one of those and might as well try a new pin while im at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top