Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:41:03 AM EDT
Hi guys.  It's been awhile since I last posted here.  I took a much needed break from shooting after fall ended.

Anyway to celebrate my return to shooting I went out and purchased a Buckmark Standard w/nickel plated barrel and slide.  I got to shoot it a little yesterday and so far so good.  Points nice & seems to be very accurate with Dynapoints, which is the only ammo I have at the time.  I'm looking forward to shooting different types through it to see what it likes best when I get a little more time and the weather warms up.  

I'm thinking that I would like to add an optic to the pistol to allow me to shoot it a little more accurately and also for this summer when I get a chance to turn it on some very unlucky gophers and rabbits.  I am looking for a good optics mount to replace the factory mount and a good but inexpensive red dot.

As far as the mount goes I have no idea which ones are good and which ones are bad.  For the optic I was eying a Truglo 2X red dot that sells for around $70.  Can anyone recommend a good mount and perhaps a good sight?  If at all possible I don't want to spend anymore than $150 on an optic and I don't imagine a good mount should cost me anymore than $50 to $60.

Thanks for the help guys.  It's good to be back.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
B-Square may be the best handgun mount out there, IMO. They're not expensive but they're well made, IMO.

I would suggest a good quality handgun scope over a red dot as Mr. Murphy will let the battery die when you least want it to!

Lotsa good handgun scopes out there, IMO. Problem is, I want the most expensive ones!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top