Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 7:57:10 PM EDT
I just bought a PF-9 on Friday and decided to take it to the range today.  Problem is the trigger doesn't seem to reset, this happens every 2nd to 4th round.  Sometimes it resets all the way, sometime it fires from like a SA pull and sometimes it just goes CLICK.  One thing I ended up doing was pulling the trigger half way with the tip of my finger and releasing so the trigger kind of snaps back into battery.  Has this happend to anyone else? Any fixes?  
And on a side note, it also did lodge one round in the chamber half way.  Looked like the lip of the casing slammed into the feed ramp and got jammed.  After about 60 rounds thorough this thing Im having second thoughts....
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
send it back to get fixed

try to get your dealer to eat the shipping

good luck
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Great idea about having them deal with shipping, looks like my only option
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
check out the KTOG.org forums. IIRC this is a known problem with some guns and i think there is a fix you can do.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time this happens, eject the chambered round and look at the primer to see if there is a dent.  

My P3AT has a trigger that resets too early.  After I have fired around I have to allow the trigger to travel completely forward before taking another shot.  I did extensive experimenting after I had several failure-to-fires and determined the problem.

I can listen for the trigger reset, then immediately pull the trigger.  Every time I do this the hammer falls, but the round does not fire.  Every time there was a dent from the hammer, but insufficient force to ignite the primer.  Also, every time that I allowed the trigger to travel completely forward the round fired.

If you get the light strike you must manually rack the slide to recock the hammer.  Simply pulling the trigger a second time will not do anything.  

Has your problem ever occurred on the first shot fired?  Or is it possible that you are experiencing the same issue that I have?  

Edited to add:  I have spoken with other people who have the same problem with a P3AT, but I have not heard any PF9 owners complain of the same thing.  Also, on the round that failed to feed, was that from manually racking the slide or from the recoil of a fired round?  Mine will hang up sometimes when I manually rack the slide.  A simple tap on the back of the slide is sufficient to slam the round home.  I have never had the same problem with the recoil of a fired round.  

-Bringer
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
i have one but never had that problem.  i wonder if the spring that is in the grip housing is sticking or something.  send it in and have them fix it.  Not safe to be shooting something with a known problem like that.
and that spring is a pain to get in and out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top