Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2020 2:10:17 AM EDT
Picked up a new P17, runs great but the mags are a pain to load. Can't find extras available or even listed out of stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I like my P-17 many of my several of my friends purchased it after seeing my P-17. https://youtu.be/b5mWZzEKQzg
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Picked up a new P17, runs great but the mags are a pain to load. Can't find extras available or even listed out of stock anywhere.
View Quote
@Green_label

Kel-tec has finally listed them... just ordered 3.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/p17-16rd-magazine/
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Green_label

Kel-tec has finally listed them... just ordered 3.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/p17-16rd-magazine/
View Quote

Thank you!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thank you!!!!
View Quote
You're welcome!

This is my first time ordering directly from Kel-tec. I must say I'm impressed! Ordered Saturday the 18th, order shipped on Monday the 20th and should deliver Friday the 24th.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Had the same experience, ordered Saturday night and received them the following Friday.

Had been looking for them locally for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
At outdoor range Sunday.  People next area over were doing mag dump after mag dump of something that held more than 10 rounds, but rarely ran more than 5-6-7 at a time.  Attracted attention because no rhythm or cadence at all.  

As I left, I asked and they said they had a KelTec 17.  Said some of the mags worked and some did not.  (I never heard a complete mag run in hundreds of rounds.) This with the same exact ammo in each mag. They were shooting AutoMatch and CCI.  Liked the gun, but the mags did not work.

On my suggestion, they were leaving and going to a new store that had Taurus TX22s and Glock 44s in stock which I had just been shooting flawlessly.  

With all the ChinaFlu problems I did not check out their gun nor let them near mine.  Your basic 30’ conversation.  They were not happy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At outdoor range Sunday.  People next area over were doing mag dump after mag dump of something that held more than 10 rounds, but rarely ran more than 5-6-7 at a time.  Attracted attention because no rhythm or cadence at all.  

As I left, I asked and they said they had a KelTec 17.  Said some of the mags worked and some did not.  (I never heard a complete mag run in hundreds of rounds.) This with the same exact ammo in each mag. They were shooting AutoMatch and CCI.  Liked the gun, but the mags did not work.

On my suggestion, they were leaving and going to a new store that had Taurus TX22s and Glock 44s in stock which I had just been shooting flawlessly.  

With all the ChinaFlu problems I did not check out their gun nor let them near mine.  Your basic 30' conversation.  They were not happy.
View Quote
I have 6 mags, they all feed fine. My P17 did need a little break in before it would run cheap federal bulk. After some Blazer and Mini mags it functions very well on the cheaper shit, on par with my TX22's.

Having said this, Kel-tec is not know for the best QC.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 52 mags for my single P17. Have shot more than 2000 rounds of CCI SV, 90% of them suppressed, zero cleaning or oiling. One failure to feed. One.

The only issue I've ran into is the gun is now so dirty with suppressor crud the slide doesnt always lock back on an empty mag. Guess I should clean it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have 52 mags for my single P17. Have shot more than 2000 rounds of CCI SV, 90% of them suppressed, zero cleaning or oiling. One failure to feed. One.

The only issue I've ran into is the gun is now so dirty with suppressor crud the slide doesnt always lock back on an empty mag. Guess I should clean it.
View Quote

Typo? Or you bought $800 in extra mags for a $200 pistol?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Typo? Or you bought $800 in extra mags for a $200 pistol?
View Quote

What can I say. I don't like loading mags when shooting
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What can I say. I don't like loading mags when shooting
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

With all the ChinaFlu problems I did not check out their gun nor let them near mine.  Your basic 30’ conversation.  They were not happy.
View Quote

I’ve found that with my P17 that if I am to aggressive with holding it will lead to problem. Basically meaning if I hold it like my Glock I’ll find myself pushing to hard with my offhand thumb. Digging into the plastic binds up the slide moving back and forth. The P17 is such a smooth shooting little pistol it isn’t necessary to hold it like that though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#13]
If anyone is interested. 8/12/21 availability.
Kel-Tec p-17 mags
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you! Order placed for 3. Didn't get a confirmation email, hopefully that's not a problem.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you! Order placed for 3. Didn't get a confirmation email, hopefully that's not a problem.
View Quote

I didn't get one either, but received shipping notification from FedEx this afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I got shipping confirmation. Sweet! Thanks for posting!

They are back in stock again. 8/14/2021
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#17]
8/16/21 back in stock.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#18]
OOS
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Showing in stock 8/30/21 1932.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#20]
kel tec has them in stock for $15/ea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top