Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 3:16:53 AM EDT
I'm itching to buy either the XDM 9mm or the SP01 of these pistols Phantom.  Does anybody have a preference on which one to buy?  Any problems with either?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm itching to buy either the XDM 9mm or the SP01 of these pistols Phantom.  Does anybody have a preference on which one to buy?  Any problems with either?

are you just after the 18 rounds of 9mm or am i missing something?

> for what purpose?
> have you handled either guns?
> do you have a prefreence for striker fired or decocker?  there is the all steel/alloy SPo1 with either the Safety or Decocker.
> it appears you have a fondness for tupperware?
> there is also the CZ Tactical Sport.  dont know if you look/felt/handled one either.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
You guessed it.  I like high capacity firearms. I only shot occassionly and carry a Sig fo my CW.  I have Glocks, Sigs, Brownings, and HK's.  I have handled the XDM but never shot one.  Everyone I deal with likes the Glock over the Springfield copy and nobody has ever had a CZ pistol, only rifles.  My own preference but I like polymer pistols over there metal counterparts.  I'm favoring the XDM but the availablity is scarce therefore pushing me to the CZ.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You guessed it.  I like high capacity firearms. I only shot occassionly and carry a Sig fo my CW.  I have Glocks, Sigs, Brownings, and HK's.  I have handled the XDM but never shot one.  Everyone I deal with likes the Glock over the Springfield copy and nobody has ever had a CZ pistol, only rifles.  My own preference but I like polymer pistols over there metal counterparts.  I'm favoring the XDM but the availablity is scarce therefore pushing me to the CZ.

if all you want is the 18 rounds, then any will do.  i really think you cant go wrong with either.

i have many CZs , but no tupperware versions.  i also have an XD45 and wouldnt mind getting xd9 either.

btw, i have a PO 18.9 LDA and its a fun toy too.

maybe others will have a different say tho.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I own the cz phantom , its a great gun , very light , accurate, I`ve put about 500 rounds through it no problem . The decocker is nice .MY other guns are sigs they are smoother but I`m more acurate with the cz
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a Phantom and an XD, but no XDM. From what I've read there has been an issue on some of the XDMs. The issue being "broken ears" on the frame where the backstrap pin goes through. That's enough to scare me away.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]
CZ Single action only, 16rds of 9mm. I have one and it's the bombness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top