Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 2:31:18 PM EDT
I'm just starting to look into the CZ-75s and I'm used to the HK USP and the Beretta 92.  Those have a decocker so you can lower the hammer with a round in the chamber.  The CZ seems to be unique in that it is a DA pistol, you can carry it cocked and locked, but it has no decocker lever.  Is the DA feature just a second strike capability if the round fails to fire?  Or is there a safe way to lower the hammer?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
is there a safe way to lower the hammer?

Absolutely.  

With the thumb and forefinger.  

carefully.

I enjoy it.  

manual decocking
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, unless you get the D model, which has no safety, you manually put the hammer down.  No problem to do, and it is designed that way.

-Corn
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
yes.  if your concerned about decocking, get the 75-BD.  it has the "decoker" but no thumb safety.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to have a PCR--compact decocker.  That decocks it only to the half-cock notch.  Now I have a regular B compact.  So if I want to carry it da/sa do I thumb down the hammer all the way or just to the half-cock notch?  If the former, is there anything wrong with having it on the half-cock notch?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a P01 that has a decocker but prefer the manual saftey version on my 75 because the trigger seems a little nicer and I have heard it is a lot esier to take the manual saftey pistols apart to do a trigger job and the decockers are a pain.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You can carry it all the way down, or in the notch.  With it in the notch the DA pull will be a bit shorter, and maybe a tad easier.  I tried carry for a while with it in the notch, but the hammer bit into my side quite a bit in that position.  Now I carry it all the way down.

-Corn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top