Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2021 6:59:04 PM EDT
I noticed I have the same issue with loading a new mag as the guy in this video. In short, the top round, if pushed all the way back in the mag catches on what I think is the front of the sear cage (he has BD model so slightly different but essentially the same). A good slap on the mag is enough and it's not a super huge issue, but kind of annoying. Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it or do you just ignore it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAaE6JjHWB8

See about 15:25 in the video for the issue.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I am waiting on a new 97b to show up at my FFL. Was hoping that they fixed that issue by now! Seems like it could be an easy tweak at the factory?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, could probably just file it a bit or maybe with enough shooting it'll file itself. I'd hate to have send the whole pistol back for this as it's just an annoyance but doing it myself might void any future warranty issue.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My magazine swelled with the last round.  Just had to give a good firm push.  If you measure it before the last round then after you will probably see a difference.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My magazine swelled with the last round.  Just had to give a good firm push.  If you measure it before the last round then after you will probably see a difference.
View Quote

I'm not quite following. Is this the same issue as when a new mag catches on the top round if it's pushed all the way to the back of the mag?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top