Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2020 9:15:40 PM EDT
And I'm already looking for a short rail 75 to make the trio complete.

So I was browsing here and fell in love with a members 75B-SA and had to have one, although I was on a quest for a Hi-Power at the time (and still looking).
Saturday I decided to check out the smaller stores farther away, I found myself walking into about 6 really diverse and interesting places. The last one had several "guns of my youth" pieces and sitting lonely and unloved was what I though was a 75B, I glanced at it several times and made one more lap around the counter, I asked the counter guy if I could see it and if he knew anything about it and he said "all I know about CZs is that it's heavy." Turns out to be a Pre-B with 88 stamped above the extractor in decent shape but it has import marks. Tag says 375 and I'm the first customer in "a long ass time" to look at it.

We shook hands at 325 OTD and I'm so happy I cant see straight, it looks solid. Trigger is as nice as the CGW kit in the SA.

I bought 4 guns total Sat, a 19x, G34, and a Blackhawk in .30 Carbine but this CZ still makes me giggle. I have no info on it otherwise, we're going to shoot the heck out of it unless someone says there's a reason not to.

I'm NOT BUYING ANYTHING ELSE until I find a BHP practical.... unless I find a short rail, or a 1894, or a Garand, or Bergara, or....ugg.

Interesting point, all my buddies are buying tactical shit (SCARS, SP5s, M2/M4 Benellis etc) I'm strongly attracted to older hammer guns.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Once you buy and shoot one, you just want another one.  

And another one.

Plastic, Pre B, Compact, aluminum framed compacts, steel framed P01 looking compacts, Omega P01, big SA target/competition pistols, etc. ,etc., etc.  They just keep coming into the house with you.

If you're lucky, your wife/girlfriend will shoot and like them and you can buy some for her.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And another one.

Plastic, Pre B, Compact, aluminum framed compacts, steel framed P01 looking compacts, Omega P01, big SA target/competition pistols, etc. ,etc., etc.  They just keep coming into the house with you.

If you're lucky, your wife/girlfriend will shoot and like them and you can buy some for her.
View Quote

They are great guns but I ditched my 97B, 2 P01s and P01 Omega, 2 PCRs including one of which was a CGW custom job.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And another one.

If you're lucky, your wife/girlfriend will shoot and like them and you can buy some for her
View Quote

I am indeed lucky, she encourages me to buy guns. The problem with the 75B-SA is that, out of all my guns that one is my favorite, and hers, and my youngest sons! Of course they quit making them. Me personally I'd like to find a green PO1 (I think thats the model) and/or a Compact.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
CZ's are the most fertile guns I own. They tend to reproduce like horny rabbits.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am indeed lucky, she encourages me to buy guns. The problem with the 75B-SA is that, out of all my guns that one is my favorite, and hers, and my youngest sons! Of course they quit making them. Me personally I'd like to find a green PO1 (I think thats the model) and/or a Compact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And another one.

If you're lucky, your wife/girlfriend will shoot and like them and you can buy some for her

Cz custom has the 75 shadow SA. Friend just got one a couple weeks ago. Great pistol
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Be careful when removing that safety on the Pre B.  That little metal piece can disappear.  

While you can't get an original factory replacement for it seems like I've read some people have successfully used the small plastic piece from the P07/P09 safeties to replace that metal piece.

Only Pre B I have is an 85 and they use a safety still in use today, so no problems there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be careful when removing that safety on the Pre B.  That little metal piece can disappear.  

While you can't get an original factory replacement for it seems like I've read some people have successfully used the small plastic piece from the P07/P09 safeties to replace that metal piece.

Only Pre B I have is an 85 and they use a safety still in use today, so no problems there.
View Quote

Thats solid intel. Thank you! And thanks to the above for sending me to CZC, I hope Santa will come early
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#8]
My man the CZ's reproduced in my safe at the highest rate of ANY other make of gun I own, although the Sigs got it on like bunnies at first too....
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are great guns but I ditched my 97B, 2 P01s and P01 Omega, 2 PCRs including one of which was a CGW custom job.
View Quote

@BillyDBerger

Why did you ditch them? Just curious, did you stick with the classic action of the 75B/SPO1 models?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@BillyDBerger

Why did you ditch them? Just curious, did you stick with the classic action of the 75B/SPO1 models?
View Quote

Carrying Glock. Won’t say they are superior.

I prefer Sig triggers and controls. That said the CZ feels better in the hand than anything.

Just didn’t feel my CGW was worth the money. Then again I sold a Wilson CQB too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I prefer Sig triggers and controls. That said the CZ feels better in the hand than anything.

Just didn’t feel my CGW was worth the money. Then again I sold a Wilson CQB too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@BillyDBerger

All good guns for sure. I wish I could focus on just one, but there is no way with the amount of good pistols out there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My man the CZ's reproduced in my safe at the highest rate of ANY other make of gun I own, although the Sigs got it on like bunnies at first too....
View Quote

Yeah I'm figuring that out now, the thing is I'm caught in the middle of assembling identical carry guns and both my wife and I prefer RMRs on our 26s. I've somehow managed to buy 5 Glocks since March and I'm ready to move on to something more interesting; like CZs and Hi-Powers.

I have a steel range in my backyard and I've been shooting the pre-B alot lately, I think I'm going to get a holster made for it and put it into the "occasional carry" roster.

I fondled some polymer CZs at the gun shop this weekend and I'll probably stick with the metal guns, which I'm sure there will be more making the journey home with me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm using my CZ's more for competition than anything else. Open guns, limited and production.  Full size CZ just point easier for me that anything else out there.  I'm in a Nanny state (Magazine capacity restrictions, and limited times I'm actually allowed to carry) so I can't carry very often, but when I do it's usually the Sig 229R Elite.  I also have a Springfield XD sub compact (Oh the noes...) as my "nightstand" gun because its the one I care the least about and if God forbid I ever had to use it I wouldn't care as much when the police had to confiscate it.  I'm also sure to have the "correct capacity" magazines for that gun.  Can neither confirm or deny that the other gun vaults have those (God forbid in NY) magazines that hold 21 rounds for USPSA matches...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top