Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to avoid my typical trend of buying a bunch of mags before I even shoot a new gun (P320 / VP9) only to revert back to Glock.

However I no longer own a single G19 and this will take over that role.

Still ccw a 43 daily and the 17's are range / hd guns.

That said - I've got a ton of Glock holsters so I'm excited to see what works and what doesn't. Who's already offering kydex on these?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to avoid my typical trend of buying a bunch of mags before I even shoot a new gun (P320 / VP9) only to revert back to Glock.

However I no longer own a single G19 and this will take over that role.

Still ccw a 43 daily and the 17's are range / hd guns.

That said - I've got a ton of Glock holsters so I'm excited to see what works and what doesn't. Who's already offering kydex on these?
View Quote
I like your idea about the his, hers CCW and house gun.

In regards to the holsters, my thought process is, I carry guns with a light. Should fit in lightbearing Glock holsters, like the RCS Phantom. I'll touch back tomorrow when I get mine out to the range.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a CZ fanatic I must admit. When it comes to semi-auto's... I've totally converted over to CZ's from Glocks and M&P's with the only exception being an affinity for the 1911 commander platform. However, I fail to see what the P-10 offers over the P-07 and P-09's... What am I missing???
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm a CZ fanatic I must admit. When it comes to semi-auto's... I've totally converted over to CZ's from Glocks and M&P's with the only exception being an affinity for the 1911 commander platform. However, I fail to see what the P-10 offers over the P-07 and P-09's... What am I missing???
View Quote
Consistent manual of arms and one trigger pull
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Finslayer:

Great minds...
I also CCW a G43 (8+1) mostly.....or, sometimes, an RM380 (around town during the day).

The P-10C will be taking over the "big" carry (which is rare) and HD spot from my last, newest G19.4.

(NOTE:  I still don't know if I can sell the G19, which is almost perfect--but it would be a huge hit from the
over $1000 extra that I put into it. Heck, I'd probably be lucky to get $900 for it, and another $150 in mags.)
---
I have a RARE preorder in with KYGUNCO (they never offered preorders), but I'm hoping they'll give my money
back if I find it somewhere else--though it looks like I could easily sell it for $525 and still sleep well, if I had to buy two.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I love my CZ P-07 Suppressor Ready, but I am a striker-fired guy. I MUCH prefer a single consistent trigger pull. I bought the P-07 because I got tired of waiting for P-10 Suppressor Ready. I love the P-07, but will probably much prefer the P-10 because of a proper trigger. I hate training to shift between DA to SA.

But my P-07 sure is sweet! Insanely accurate. Hard NOT to shoot well because of excellent ergonomics.

All Groups 10 rounds at 10 yards offhand. AE 124gr Suppressor Ammo

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I love my CZ P-07 Suppressor Ready, but I am a striker-fired guy. I MUCH prefer a single consistent trigger pull. I bought the P-07 because I got tired of waiting for P-10 Suppressor Ready. I love the P-07, but will probably much prefer the P-10 because of a proper trigger. I hate training to shift between DA to SA.

But my P-07 sure is sweet! Insanely accurate. Hard NOT to shoot well because of excellent ergonomics.

All Groups 10 rounds at 10 yards offhand. AE 124gr Suppressor Ammo

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/harrishmasher/IMG_2161_zpsbodiuvot.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/harrishmasher/Picture%201_zpsoxzefi5i.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/harrishmasher/Picture%203_zps6xnajgyu.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/harrishmasher/Picture%204_zpsb8ssrzsc.jpg
View Quote
If you have a safety on it though there's really nothing that says you have to train DA/SA.

CZ 75s are pretty much all I ever shoot anymore, mostly SAO but some pistols that are DA/SA. They all have safeties though, and I rarely shoot DA. I prefer the same feel of the trigger every shot too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my CZ P-10 C today and did some unscientific testing.

Firstly, serial number is a C217XXX pistol, 2017 production. It does not have the CIP N markings on the slide and has the cut out for the guide rod on the barrel lug. I tried 12 different magazines and had no issues with them dropping free -- however, one or two them were a little tighter than the others.

So, I fired a total of 815 rounds today. 715 rounds were Winchester 124gr +P NATO spec ball ammunition and 100 were Federal 124gr HST ammunition. No hiccups or failures of any sort.

Just an scientific comparison between my Glock 17 and the CZ P-10 C. With my Glock 17 Gen 3 (new recoil spring every 5000), shooting the same +P ammunition, I can expect around 1 in 25 rounds to send a brass casing to my face. Throughout the day with the CZ, none of the 815 rounds sent a brass casing to the face. Very reliable ejection.

Accuracy. Nothing scientific, but in conjunction with the trigger, very easy to hit my 12" steel plate at 100 yards.

Flatness of the gun. The CZ shoots quite flat. Shooting +P makes it feel like my Glock 17 shooting standard pressure ammunition.

Drop tests. I bubba'd a few spare rounds and pulled the projectiles and chambered a few primed casings and proceeded to drop the gun from chest height onto concrete from various orientations -- I'm convinced my pistol is drop safe.

Limp wristing. The CZ smoked the Glock in this regard (have a video coming as soon as I can figure out how to get it off of my phone). The CZ managed to finish an entire 15 round magazine, whereas the Glock had over 10 failures.

So far, I like the P-10 C. Small thing to note. The gap between the dust cover and the slide has gotten wider throughout the day. Not sure if that is any indication that the polymer frame is lacking of some sort of durability.

Light compatibility: Works fine with my SureFire X300U-A. Pistols runs fine without and without.

Holster compatibility: Works fine with my Bawidamann Gotham Glock/M&P with the SureFire X300U-A. Fits and has retention in the Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Lightbearing Glock 17/34 holster -- but a little tight.

I have a Pat Mac class coming next weekend that should put the pistol over 1500 rounds. By the end of May, I expect the pistol to be past the 2000 round mark. I'll keep taking notes as I go along. Being that I only shoot +P and have a decent firing schedule, it should be a decent, unscientific test of the pistol's endurance and longevity.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Good write up - but - where are the pics?

Mine will be here Wednesday.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good write up - but - where are the pics?

Mine will be here Wednesday.
View Quote
Not really any to share. I'm not a picture heavy person. Part of it is that my phone camera sucks. Wednesday is when my other one arrives.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Is the grip angle same as Glocks or more like 1911?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:10:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is the grip angle same as Glocks or more like 1911?
View Quote
More Sig, HK, CZ and 1911 like. Think CZ-75/P-07 grip angle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got my CZ P-10 C today and did some unscientific testing.

*snip*

Hope this helps. Cheers.
View Quote
Thanks for the writeup!  I'm very eager to get one.  Question for you though - what sights are you running on the pistol?  I'm not a fan of 3-dot setups and was hoping to find a different setup.  Is there compatibility with other CZ sight choices?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#15]
P07/P09 front sight, Shadow 2 rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#16]
My LGS actually FB messaged me to tell me they got some P-10Cs in and asked if I still wanted one. They do a LOT of business, so I was surprised and decided to support them even though it cost me an extra $75-$80 to do so. They wanted $525 + tax, so I paid like $570 out the door.

Initial impressions:
I like the grip shape and size, but the top of the beavertail is a bit uncomfortable on the web of my hand. Like others have said, the stippling on the front and back strap are a bit too aggressive (not a bad thing, since it doesn't rub on you, and it's easily fixed) AND the mag-release is a bit stiff. The trigger has a little more over-travel than I like, and isn't much better than an OEM VP9 or most P320s--except for the reset, which is great. It's not really noticeably heavier than the G19, despite the numbers on paper, but it is a bit front heavy compared to it.

What's weird is that it won't fit in ANY of my kydex G19 boosters (too tight). Regrettably, I sold all my extras as a grab bag for a low price--so all I need is a new holster and some better (HD XR or Heinie) sights.  

Full report with pics soon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Played with one at shot show this year and feel in love. I was determined to get one then I played with a beretta APX. Bought that and don't think I will ever get the p10. APX is better in every way but the holster department
View Quote
I felt compelled to come back and respond to this after handling the APX in the store today.

The Good - that may be the best stock trigger shoe I've ever seen on a polymer pistol.  I'm a well known fan of the flat Apex trigger in my S&W....but this comes much closer than anything I've ever seen from the factory.  Trigger is predictably heavy, but had a nice crisp break.  Reset is a little long, but crisp and audible.  I can't stress enough how impressed I was with the trigger callface itself though.
Cocking serrations are actually very functional.  The look is a matter of taste....but their functionality impressed me.
Ergos on the gun were very impressive.  I'd say they're slightly better than the M&P, but not quite as good as the VP9 or PPQ M2

The Bad:  its big.  Too big.  Side by side with a G19....it looks huge.  I think a G19 is about as big as I would comfortably conceal carry, and I'm 6'2" 220lbs.  The APX would not work for that in my opinion.  And it's too short for a dedicated target pistol.  That's going to put it in that odd pistol no-mans land.

Obviously no rounds down range with it, but was surprised by a few things when handling it today
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#18]
How is it that so many dealers around the country have received and sold P-10, when none of the dealers in AZ seem to even know if and when they will get any?
Seems to be a disconnect...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Just picked mine up.

Holy shit.

This is it, finally someone has made the perfect polymer grip. It's like they used my hand for a mold. In my opinion it SMOKES the G19 in ergos, destroys it. I love a G17 - but if this shoots well and is reliable I'll never own another G19.

There I say it, you're about to be out of my life G19. (EDC will stay G43).

The trigger is nice - i would compare it to a well shot G34 trigger for those who've shot them.

Machining on the slide is great, sights aren't bad - I'll back out the rear and get a front night sight.

Need to see what holsters work when I get home tonight and take it apart to mess with the internals.

Since no one else can post pics here's mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Parking lot pics at the office

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Forever waiting on my LE model lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#22]
The day keeps on winning.

It fits great in my PJ kydex iwb.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How is it that so many dealers around the country have received and sold P-10, when none of the dealers in AZ seem to even know if and when they will get any?
View Quote
Because the dealers don't know when they are going to get them from their distributors. I work at a shop, I have been hounding my distributors since the first shipment was announced. I have my allocated two coming in but thats it until...who knows. I have a bunch ordered but only can get two.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Put the medium backstrap on and took a sanding pad to the front and back straps to take the edge off.

It's even better now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Cheapest place for mags?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just picked mine up.

Holy shit.

This is it, finally someone has made the perfect polymer grip. It's like they used my hand for a mold. In my opinion it SMOKES the G19 in ergos, destroys it. I love a G17 - but if this shoots well and is reliable I'll never own another G19.

There I say it, you're about to be out of my life G19. (EDC will stay G43).

The trigger is nice - i would compare it to a well shot G34 trigger for those who've shot them.

Machining on the slide is great, sights aren't bad - I'll back out the rear and get a front night sight.

Need to see what holsters work when I get home tonight and take it apart to mess with the internals.

Since no one else can post pics here's mine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/IMG-2218-206283.JPG
View Quote
Awesome review, thanks for posting. I prefer my 75s, but I kind of want one now myself.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Consistent manual of arms and one trigger pull
View Quote
Hmmn, My P-07 has one trigger pull, manual of arms is consistent with my 1911s as well.
Admittedly, there is a crazy amount of takeup.

The P-10c is a striker fired gun for people who don't like thumb safeties.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who have you tried in AZ?  The only CZ dealer I have ever had any decent luck with actually getting stuff in is Randall's on the west side. (where I bought my wife's 85).  Of course, even they laugh at you if you ask if they have ever seen a P-01 Omega.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Cheapest place for mags?
View Quote
I got mine from gregcotellc.com
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I will be buying one... fit well in my Comptac MTAC and the ergos are much better than the G19.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#31]
My P10C fits into my old Fricke OWB holster, but not my nice microsuede CNC holster (which is my only G19 carry holster).
There aren't any all kydex IWB options on ebay with a large belt clip, so I'm going to have to go looking for an affordable option elsewhere.

My front sight is labeled #3 on the very front. Oddly, google-fu is not finding what exactly this means--though someone posted a #2 was 5.5mm and a #4 was 6mm, so I'm guessing a #3is 5.75mm.
The front sight looks to me to be about .120-.125 wide, which isn't too thick, BUT the rears appear to be the exact same width. I much prefer a .115-.125 front and a .145-.155 rear.
I guess the wait is on for more sight options.

At the range, the mag-release did seem to be getting a bit easier to push, but I notice with a full mag, it's even harder to push than new with empties (and I have strong thumbs).
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Still no sign of the P10C I ordered from my dealer in December, but I handled the FN 509, the Beretta APX, and the P320 X-Five. As a current owner of two G19s and a VP9, I didn't feel like the APX or 509 brought anything of enough value (to me) to justify purchasing either, especially right now when they're new and selling for close to MSRP. With that said, I didn't like the 509 as much as I thought I would, and I liked the APX a lot more than I thought I would... irony that just goes to show you really don't know until you handle one in person. The clear winner out of those three, at least in my humble opinion, was the X-Five... it's just a monster gun with a 5" barrel and the mag funnel installed.

Long story short, now I'm waiting for the P10C and a P320 X-Carry. I hate waiting, so of course I wouldn't be satisfied with anything that is currently available for purchase.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote: "Who have you tried in AZ? The only CZ dealer I have ever had any decent luck with actually getting stuff in is Randall's on the west side. (where I bought my wife's 85). Of course, even they laugh at you if you ask if they have ever seen a P-01 Omega."

Second Amendment, Tombstone Tac, SDL GC.

Unlike posters from other parts of the country, they all state the have been given no information and to just wait until they show up...

Oddly, there was a P-10 on an auction site from an LGS in Flagg?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#34]
My P-10 came from AZ
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Still no sign of the P10C I ordered from my dealer in December, but I handled the FN 509, the Beretta APX, and the P320 X-Five. As a current owner of two G19s and a VP9, I didn't feel like the APX or 509 brought anything of enough value (to me) to justify purchasing either, especially right now when they're new and selling for close to MSRP. With that said, I didn't like the 509 as much as I thought I would, and I liked the APX a lot more than I thought I would... irony that just goes to show you really don't know until you handle one in person. The clear winner out of those three, at least in my humble opinion, was the X-Five... it's just a monster gun with a 5" barrel and the mag funnel installed.

Long story short, now I'm waiting for the P10C and a P320 X-Carry. I hate waiting, so of course I wouldn't be satisfied with anything that is currently available for purchase.
View Quote
I personally think Sig fucked up big time with the P320 X5

Being sold with the Magwell is going to keep it off the Production roster...:which is EXACTLY what that gun was designed for.

With the Magwell it's going to throw that gun in to an arena with $3000 race guns.

Big mistake imo
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Being sold with the Magwell is going to keep it off the Production roster...:which is EXACTLY what that gun was designed for.

With the Magwell it's going to throw that gun in to an arena with $3000 race guns.

Big mistake imo
View Quote
The magwell on the X5 is removable. I dont see why i would be taken off the production roster as long as you keep it off.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Big mistake imo
View Quote
That's why they made it removable. Sig states it's legal in most cases. I don't shoot competition so I don't know, I'm just going by what has been stated by a couple folks from Sig. The X-Carry I want is shortened to 3.9" and doesn't include the magwell anyways, so it's a moot point to me. With all that said, Sig did a great job with the flared magwell integrated into the grip module itself. It's very subtle but I could tell in five minutes with the gun that the geometry of it was going to speed up my mag changes significantly.

But this is a P10C thread, and I will most likely get my hands on the CZ before Sig even releases the X-Carry, so I will have plenty of time to T&E them all for myself.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cheapest place for mags?
View Quote
I bought 2 for my CZ P-07 (uses same mags) and they were $31 each on Gunbroker with $8 shipping total for 2. Most dealers have them online for $31 to $35 each online.

It is a lot cheaper than the P-07 mags that are $43 each. Funny how the exact same mag can cost so much more! CZ needs to compete with the Glock 19 with the P-10c and has to make mags that cost about the same. So voila!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My P-10 came from AZ
View Quote
Which one?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Got my P10C today. Put about 100 rounds through it.
Zero failures.
The mag and slide releases got much easier by the end of the range trip.
The trigger started out gritty but cleaned up or smoothed out.
I was shooting far left at first but got it centered after a few mags but it still seemed a bit low. The groups tightened up greatly.
I have so many rounds through my Glock 19 that it's going to take a bit to adapt to the P10c but... I think it's going to be an excellent gun
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Which one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My P-10 came from AZ
Which one?
JG sales
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got back from shooting a P10c that my local range has at the rental counter. Shot it side by side with my new G4 G19. FWIW, my impressions were:

Ergos: Overall I found the CZ superior to the G19, but not by much. I found the grip of the CZ to be a bit too slim. I'd probably add a slip-on to it. If not, the fore and aft checkering would probably get sanded a bit as it's really aggressive.

Accuracy: No real difference in my hands.

Recoil: Felt a smidge more with the CZ if I really concentrated, probably because of the slimmer grip.

Trigger: Edge to the CZ due to it being a bit crisper at the break and on the reset, but really a 6 of one... type thing. YMMV.

The only "issue" I ran into was the trigger safety. Quite often I could feel it drag a bit as it disengaged when I pressed it. A few times it kept me from pulling the trigger unless I released and squeezed again.

I've noticed this same dragging when finger-banging the Ruger American and new Beretta APX. So it's is likely something I'm doing. However, neither of them have had the trigger lock and I've never experienced this issue with my Glocks.

Overall I really liked it and will pick one up once the dust settles and I can find a gently used one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, the beta-versions that went to youtube reviewers must have had a different trigger or it must have REALLY smoothed out, because this isn't any better than a VP9, P320, or PPQ--though it's definitely better than a stock G19.

Somewhere along the way, I became a big trigger snob, if you can even call a striker-guy such a name. Props to YankeeMarshall who was the only one from SHOT that I saw who said the trigger didn't feel like it was something super special. I hope GHOST or APEX comes out with something to adjust out the overtravel and maybe get it down to a 4# break. The trigger-safety blade does sticks out a hair too much--but I can fix that myself.

For me, though, the P10C is all about ergos. The grip shape feels so much better than my G19, and the size and balance beat the VP9 and P320 (both of which have very tall slides).
I never liked the Glock grip, but after shooting a VP9 and P320 a lot, when I went back to Glock, it felt even more like a rectangular 2x4.
Odd that you thought it had more recoil than the G19...it seems to me to have a bit less. The 200rds of American Eagle 115gr and 124gr felt more like a G17 shooting 147gr Blazer.
----

The P10C won't fit a Frank Proctor "Way of the Gun" G19 hoster or the other two random kydex ones I found in a drawer--so I'm ZERO for FOUR in kydex holsters over here.
I ordered a holster from ALEXandRYANdesign specifically for the P10C.
Also, PJ Holsters (in Bradenton, FL) said he'd BUY a P10C if he could find one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:26:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Interesting.  I hope you are wrong and the CZ P10C trigger is the same as the one Scooch and Military Arms Channel on YouTube got.   I sure hope they didn't get special testing pistols from CZ.  The whole reason I'm buying this gun is for the review on the trigger/trigger reset.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I hope you are wrong and the CZ P10C trigger is the same as the one Scooch and Military Arms Channel on YouTube got.   I sure hope they didn't get special testing pistols from CZ.  The whole reason I'm buying this gun is for the review on the trigger/trigger reset.
View Quote
I'm not saying it was bad by any means. Nice break/reset, and was probably crispest striker trigger I've pulled. Maybe I'm just a tough crowd as I wasn't wowed by the much vaunted Sig SRT trigger in the Legion I shot this weekend. I just didn't blow a load in my shorts when I shot the P10 like folks seemed to be doing based on their reviews of the VP9 trigger when it came out. First time I fingered one of those I was like "eh". YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#46]
The reset is definitely way better than the VP9 and P320, and even better than Glocks (which I always thought were the best).
But the pull feels similar to a VP9 to me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah, the beta-versions that went to youtube reviewers must have had a different trigger or it must have REALLY smoothed out, because this isn't any better than a VP9, P320, or PPQ--though it's definitely better than a stock G19.

Somewhere along the way, I became a big trigger snob, if you can even call a striker-guy such a name. Props to YankeeMarshall who was the only one from SHOT that I saw who said the trigger didn't feel like it was something super special. I hope GHOST or APEX comes out with something to adjust out the overtravel and maybe get it down to a 4# break. The trigger-safety blade does sticks out a hair too much--but I can fix that myself.

For me, though, the P10C is all about ergos. The grip shape feels so much better than my G19, and the size and balance beat the VP9 and P320 (both of which have very tall slides).
I never liked the Glock grip, but after shooting a VP9 and P320 a lot, when I went back to Glock, it felt even more like a rectangular 2x4.
Odd that you thought it had more recoil than the G19...it seems to me to have a bit less. The 200rds of American Eagle 115gr and 124gr felt more like a G17 shooting 147gr Blazer.
----

The P10C won't fit a Frank Proctor "Way of the Gun" G19 hoster or the other two random kydex ones I found in a drawer--so I'm ZERO for FOUR in kydex holsters over here.
I ordered a holster from ALEXandRYANdesign specifically for the P10C.
Also, PJ Holsters (in Bradenton, FL) said he'd BUY a P10C if he could find one.
View Quote

like this one..... (works in my PJ IWB)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The reset is definitely way better than the VP9 and P320, and even better than Glocks (which I always thought were the best).
But the pull feels similar to a VP9 to me.
View Quote
This is good to hear, since I already like my VP9's trigger well enough.

I am a little disappointed to hear that the production models aren't quite measuring up to the 6+ months worth of hype over them, but I will still be picking one up to try out.

I'm just on the hunt for that "Goldilocks piece", something that I can shoot a little better than my G19, which isn't too big to carry, and doesn't require hundreds or thousands in aftermarket mods to get it to feel "just right". This might be it or it might not, but it sounds promising.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#49]
If anyone wants to trade their small back-strap for an extra medium or large, PM me.
I like to have back up parts, and I want to try stippling one, but back-straps probably won't be available for awhile.

--
Outkast:
I hear you on hundreds of dolllars of mods. I bet I spent over $800 making this last G19 into as perfect a pistol as possible, but the grip is still not close to optimal (though one guy could helped, his prices are really high AND he has like a 9-month wait time). I HATE to sell my last G19 at a huge loss, but I don't need two that fit the same roll (unless it was the same gun and I wanted one for backup parts).

That said, I think the CZ grip (and slide?) could be shortened by 1/4" (3/8"?) and I may have liked it a bit better (though the VP9 grip was long and never proved to be a problem).
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I knocked the edge down on the front and put a medium back strap on which I did the same.

Perfect.

Will shoot this weekend. Have wwb, Tula, and aluminum federal to shoot.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top