Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:43:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with polymer in your opinion?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The P07 is also very nice.    Try one and you'll want one.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah, the infamous limp wristing with polymer. I could easily do it with a Glock. I could not so easily do it with the USP or the M&P.

Holy smokes, I just gave it a look, 19+1!
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah, the infamous limp wristing with polymer. I could easily do it with a Glock. I could not so easily do it with the USP or the M&P.

Holy smokes, I just gave it a look, 19+1!
View Quote

Limp wristiting is overrated IMO.  My wife is 4'11" 90lbs and doesn't limp wrist her g19. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn is right. Thats why i ordered 2.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one and enjoy it quite a bit. Best hammer-fired plastic gun on the market, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#8]

How does the grip feel (ergos) compared to a steel frame? Gblocky or CZawesome?
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I do not like the grip as well as a P_01 or a 75, but it is good enough for me to get a P09 after buying an P07.

I like them a lot. They shoot very well for me

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#11]
It doesn't have the "like a glove" feel of the 75, but it is good. Textured aggressively but not excessively.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Heavier steel pistols handle better to me and never liked the fact that I could flex polymer frames with my hands.

I carried and shot Glocks for many years and always thought I was a crappy to mediocre pistol shooter. That changed after shooting my first steel CZ.

Not saying I'm a great shot now but I shoot all steel CZs much better then I've ever shot a polymer pistol.

The P09 looks very intriguing, enough so that I might try a plastic pistol again.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's wrong with polymer in your opinion?

Heavier steel pistols handle better to me and never liked the fact that I could flex polymer frames with my hands.

I carried and shot Glocks for many years and always thought I was a crappy to mediocre pistol shooter. That changed after shooting my first steel CZ.

Not saying I'm a great shot now but I shoot all steel CZs much better then I've ever shot a polymer pistol.

The P09 looks very intriguing, enough so that I might try a plastic pistol again.

CZ polymer pistols are some of the most solid polymer pistols you will ever handle. They are not like glocks or M&P at all.

Go to a gunshop and handle one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#13]
That picture is from the giveaway we did on another online forum - that lucky winner has one of the VERY few CZ P-09 Flat Dark Earth pistols available anywhere. I love that pic, btw, he did a great job. Please note, I did not mention the name, merely pointing out where the picture actually did come from. It might be some time before the FDE P-09s are widely available.

The P-09 has a slightly different feel, less CZ-75 than others, but that's to be expected. The funny thing is the P-09 and the SP-01 Phantom are practically the same size, but the P-09 looks bigger.

The P-09 is a LOT of fun to shoot, and feels like a much smaller caliber in recoil. Fun gun. No malfs so far.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone know when that FDE or OD Frame P09 will become available?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
The new catalogs are out, and it is listed, so technically it's available now - ask your FFL to contact his favorite distributor, (RSR is usually a good choice for CZ, last time I was in the business), and see if they can order one, and what the backorder/wait time might be. Who knows - a bunch might have just been flown in today!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The new catalogs are out, and it is listed, so technically it's available now - ask your FFL to contact his favorite distributor, (RSR is usually a good choice for CZ, last time I was in the business), and see if they can order one, and what the backorder/wait time might be. Who knows - a bunch might have just been flown in today!
View Quote
Where's your FFL located?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#17]
My FFL is in Casa Grande, AZ, probably won't help you very much. Check with whoever your local gunshop is for ordering info.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I have over 2000 rounds through a P-09.  All I've changed so far is the hammer spring, firing pin, and firing pin spring.  Trigger pull is very good now for a service gun.  About 3 lb  2 oz in single action.  Still has some creep to it, but very good compared to most service guns.  I am another shooter that did not ever expect to like a polymer gun.  I can't stand the grip angle of a Glock, and love the grip and ergonomics of the CZ 75B so the P-09 was a good choice for me for my first full size polymer gun.  I am very, very happy with it, even out of the box.  Aftermarket parts are coming very soon to fix the trigger pull.  When those are available and I install them and get a few rounds through the gun, I fully expect the P-09 to become my favorite centerfire 9mm pistol, even though it will take me a little more time to get used to the feel and sound of a polymer gun.  I shot it well right out of the box, and very well after spending a little time with it.  A very good polymer gun for me.  

Joe
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have over 2000 rounds through a P-09.  All I've changed so far is the hammer spring, firing pin, and firing pin spring.  Trigger pull is very good now for a service gun.  About 3 lb  2 oz in single action.  Still has some creep to it, but very good compared to most service guns.  I am another shooter that did not ever expect to like a polymer gun.  I can't stand the grip angle of a Glock, and love the grip and ergonomics of the CZ 75B so the P-09 was a good choice for me for my first full size polymer gun.  I am very, very happy with it, even out of the box.  Aftermarket parts are coming very soon to fix the trigger pull.  When those are available and I install them and get a few rounds through the gun, I fully expect the P-09 to become my favorite centerfire 9mm pistol, even though it will take me a little more time to get used to the feel and sound of a polymer gun.  I shot it well right out of the box, and very well after spending a little time with it.  A very good polymer gun for me.  

Joe
View Quote

Sounds good Joe.

What does your DA trigger pull come in at with the spring changes?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#20]

I kind of feel the same way. Purchased the second phantom I've owned recently (sold the first), and have owned two P07's. Gave the first one to my sister, shot the second one a bit and really liked it, shot well, excellent ergos, etc etc. Just couldn't love it and sold it towards the PCR I carry now.

Handled a P09 in store today. For the price I can't pass it up. It feels excellent. I then went to another gunshop today, and they told me they could get just about anything that Lipsey's had in their CZ catalog...so yeah. Gonna see if they can order me an OD P07 and a FDE P09.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

CZ awesome. LIke sex.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]
ETA: http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=CZ91630 and http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=CZ91177

I believe they guy who told me he could get stuff from Lipseys. They move a shit load of pistols in that shop. They had a bunch of coyote brown glocks and colored hk45 tacs in there today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:14:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sounds good Joe.

View Quote

Right at 7 lb 2 oz.

I have quite a few videos demonstrating the accuracy potential of the P-09..  Here is my current favorite video, this one at 100 yards, first time I'd shot a pistol off a rest at that distance.

http://youtu.be/eNIwcwXyzQM

Joe
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sounds good Joe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joe

Sounds good Joe.

Joe did you use the Cajun Gun Works UL- DA/SA  kit?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have one and enjoy it quite a bit. Best hammer-fired plastic gun on the market, in my opinion.
View Quote

Let's not get carried away now......

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the CZ forum.   It is the best, far and away.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I guess I'm the one getting carried away- I've never even fired one.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Right at 7 lb 2 oz.
http://joelynch.smugmug.com/photos/i-4XsLPr4/1/M/i-4XsLPr4-M.jpg

I have quite a few videos demonstrating the accuracy potential of the P-09..  Here is my current favorite video, this one at 100 yards, first time I'd shot a pistol off a rest at that distance.

Joe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good Joe.

Right at 7 lb 2 oz.
http://joelynch.smugmug.com/photos/i-4XsLPr4/1/M/i-4XsLPr4-M.jpg

Joe

Can't wait to get the spring kit for my p-07.

Nice shooting!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

My LGS here in CA had one last week so they are shipping. Sold within the week. I had to settle on the black model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top