Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:54:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know where to go to find parts for this gun?  I'm looking for the pin that holds the bolt assembly in place.  I recently purchased this firearm used, and whoever owned the gun before me jerry-rigged in a pin that is just a little too tight.  It works, but you need a punch and a hammer to get it in and out.  It takes several really good whacks to get it in and out.  According to things that i have read online, this pin should slip in and out with very little force.  can someone please help.  I've exhausted 4 pages and counting worth of Google pages searching for the part.  Any help would be great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
High stadard has the rights to amt and are making parts and guns once again.  I will see if I can get you a link. also numrich should have it I would think.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one years back and If I remember correctly I only broke it down that far once because it took about four hands to hold it open and use the punch and hammer.
Shooting factory jacketed ammo it never really gets very dirty , it is not after all the type of gun you would take to the range and shoot three boxes through every week.

I don't honestly remember if it was a solid pin or a roll pin but I believe I would take it apart and polish or file the pin you have until it is a better fit.

I do remember that I couldn't get a decent grip with the flat mag base pad but that I found a mag with a curved pinky hook and that worked fine with my medium/large sized hands.

Solid little gun
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your help guys, no luck yet though.  as far as polishing the roll pin...How would I go about doing that? Fine sandpaper? any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for your help guys, no luck yet though.  as far as polishing the roll pin...How would I go about doing that? Fine sandpaper? any suggestions?

Do you have a drill press? Chuck the pin in it and with some very fine sandpaper (600+ grit) and at a reasonably low speed, run the sandpaper up and down the pin. Flip the pin around in the chuck and repeat. That'll help keep it from getting out of round, the only trick is making sure you try to get both ends of the pin polished evenly.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah that sounds like a plan. im going to try that. i dont have a drill press yet but a hand drill on a low speed should do the same thing. thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]
You can also use a drill bit as a pin if you find the right size.  You will have to size and fit it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top