Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2016 5:27:32 PM EDT
Looking to swap safeties on my P1 MK7 and I can't find the instructions on how to disassemble the frame.  Canuck223 posted a simple list in a thread a while back, but I can't find it.  I think I punch the pin on the slide release and then.......?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You rang.......

K100 frame disassembly.
Removing the frame insert.
1)Prove gun safe, and field strip as normal.
2)If using the largest grip with the long backstrap, remove it.
3)Press out the slide stop pin and the rear frame roll pin.
4)Rotate the safety lever up, and lift the rear of the frame insert up a little.
5)Get your finger nails under the plastic lever and pull sideways slightly as you rotate the safety. The plastic cap will come off the safety cylinder. You can press the cylinder and the remaining attached cap through to the other side.
6)Lift out the frame insert.
7)Observe the small spring under the insert. It presses the slide stop down and just rests in the hole.

Detail stripping the frame insert.
1)Control the hammer from falling while using a screwdriver to press the sear to the front to decock.
2)Press up on the cap under the hammer spring while pressing out the hammer spring retaining pin.
3)Press out the hammer pivot pin.
You generally don’t need to go further than this.
4)Press out the firing pin safety pin.
5)Slide the sideplates along with the sear and sear spring down and out of the insert.
Detail stripping the grip frame.
1)Lift the slide stop up and off the frame.
2)Press the safety detents out words.
3)Lift the trigger bow up.
You generally don’t need to go any further than this for detail cleaning.
4)Press the trigger pivot pin out from right to left. (the pin is headed, so an attempt to press it out from the wrong side can damage the grip frame.)
5)Secure the trigger, trigger bow, and trigger return spring.
(You will want an assembly pin to re-install the trigger. It will hold the trigger return spring in the trigger during assembly, until you press it out with the hammer pivot pin.)
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a video of the factory stripping down an X-Caliber which is pretty much the same.... HERE
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's a video of the factory stripping down an X-Caliber which is pretty much the same.... HERE
View Quote

Yep, a few notes for those who are scratching their heads....

The gun in the video is the X-Calibur which uses a different hammer, sear, and sear spring.
One point not made clear in the video is that Lubo is using slave or assembly pins at times to hold the mag catch and it's spring, and the sear and its spring in position while the regular retaining pin is drifted in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top