Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2008 2:21:11 PM EDT
I've fired 100 rds out of my CW9 and the recoil spring guide rod is getting really chewed up.
I read another case of this on the gunbroker forum and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how it was rectified.
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Finish is wearing off mine, but hasn't been a problem. No wear on the rod itself except for the color.
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
This isn't just finish wear it's starting to look like a file.
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a stainless steel guide rod from Kahr for my CW9.I like it better than the stock guide rod.After 325rds SS guide rod has some markings but not as visible and it is still smooth.It also seems to be a little bigger in diameter for a tighter fit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same situation after about 50 rds., that recoil spring is fairly stiff, so it probably is trying to "bow out" thus rubbing the rod. I may give them a call on it. Otherwise nicely made/designed little weapon.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top