Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2008 3:44:56 AM EDT
Was thinking about a set of these for my kahr k40. They have not been out long and was wondering if anybody out there has them. Do they change the grip thickness much? They must slip over the original, right? It would be a shame to spend $300 and loss the concelablity of the gun. Would really like to try one before buying one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that they DO NOT slip over the original but replace the original grips altogether.

I have had good experiences with my CT laser grips.  Except the damn glock one(which does slip over the grip.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe that they DO NOT slip over the original but replace the original grips altogether.

I have had good experiences with my CT laser grips.  Except the damn glock one(which does slip over the grip.

I second that.....the Glock one sucks IMO.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
How are they for a left-hander ? I would have thought the risk of obscuring the laser beam with your support thumb would be high... can anyone comment ?
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Can anybody who has a pair post a picture of the back of the grips? That's the only angle I never seen and I am wondering if they are smooth or have any type of texture/checkering to them. I dislike the factory smooth Kahr grips, and had to get after my pair with a soldering iron to make them more grippy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought the Crimson Trace Grips (LG-460) for my K9. It also fits the K40, second generation frames.  They replace you current grips. Here are the specs:

Fits Models:     Kahr Arms  K9 / K40 fullsize pistols

Technical Specs
Activation Instinctive Activation; Front Pressure Switch
Material Comfortable Rubber Overmolded Switch, Hard Polymer Side Panels
User Adjustable Both Windage and Elevation
Holster Fit Ultra-compact 3.3mm diode in our slimmest housing to date
Warranty 3 Years Complete
Beam Intensity 5mw peak, 633nm, class IIIa laser. Maximum output that federal law and technology allow.
Dot Size Approximately 0.5" diameter at 50 feet.
Power Source Two #2032 lithium batteries (included); over four hours of on-time use and a five year shelf life

I cheapest price I found was on eBay. The price was $230 shipped with a coupon from the manufacturer for batteries for life (one set per year).

This link is from CT:
www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/KahrArms/LG460/tabid/306/Default.aspx

Link Posted: 7/30/2008 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I second that.....the Glock one sucks IMO.

Yeah but they look soooo coool in internet commando pics.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I found em for $232.95, NIB shipped at the following link-

http://www.nightvisionsales.com/product_info.php?products_id=2765

Comes with:

FREE SHIPPING   -   (Shipping charges apply when ordered by phone)
FREE  DVD  "Shots In The Dark" A Complete Guide to the Tactical Use of Laser Sights with Clyde Caceres.
FREE CRIMSON TRACE DECAL
FREE EXTRA BATTERIES FOR LIFE  -  Coupon when you order by December 31, 2008, w/limit one set per year supplied by Crimson trace factory.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top