Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 10:44:13 AM EDT
I test fired a Kahr a while back, and even with small hands I engaged the trigger with my distal joint.  

I found that shooting it like that my index finger stopped the pull against my thumb just a hair before the trigger broke.

I've seen suggestions such as a straight thumb hold or using the middle of the pad of the index finger, but was wondering if a mechanical solution was possible.

Could someone build up the trigger face maybe 1/8"?

I know, training, ammo, etc, I'm just looking for options.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The trigger not only CAN be built up, this is a not uncommon alteration of the Kahr for you guys that have fingers like Lucky Pierre the Logger.

When the Kahr first started to become popular, Massad Ayoob wrote an article on his personal gun.
He had it custom gun-smithed and the front face of the trigger built up by a custom gunsmith.
I can't find the article listing the name of the gunsmith, but most good gunsmith/welders should be able to do this with no problem.

Another possible option is to look into the Kahr "Elite" trigger assembly.
This shortens the Kahr trigger pull, but I don't know on which end of the pull it's shortened, at the start or at the end.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Found the article "Rise of the House of Kahr", Mas Ayoob:

"Another option is Kahr's own Elite series, introduced in January 1999. These guns have a slightly longer trigger reach, but with a shorter stroke of 3/8". The price is another pound or two of pull weight.

I don't know if thats's what I'm after, but it's a start.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
All of the P-series guns have the "Elite" type trigger.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top