Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 3:15:55 PM EDT
I finally managed to get myself and my new PM9 to the range today.

I started by running about 200 rounds of Winchester white box through. I shot left and right
handed unsupported, and using both hands. I didn't have the opportunity to shoot from a rest.
Recoil with the WWB was not bad at all, even left handed. Accuracy was more than adequate,
but I was not interested in small group sizes. Suffice it to say that after the first two magazines,
all the following shots were in a group about 8" across. This includes left handed double taps. Early
on, I had 5 or 6 ftb's. These went away quickly, with only one more happening after I finished the
first two hundred rounds. That FTB occured with the first round of Corbon PowerBall chambered
by hand. The PowerBall seemed to shoot a bit low, and was not as accurate as the WWB. Recoil
was still not bad at all. Overall I was pretty impressed. No new blisters, no major malfunctions,
reasonable accuracy, relatively mild recoil, etc.

Anybody out there have any "gotchas" that I should be aware of? So far, it's looking really good.

Sam
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What distance did you shoot at?

I have a Taurus PT-111, but I've been looking at the CW, P and PM series Kahrs.  I really like my 111, but I'd like to have something a little smaller for certain carry situations.  I really like how thin the Kahrs are.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What distance did you shoot at?

I have a Taurus PT-111, but I've been looking at the CW, P and PM series Kahrs.  I really like my 111, but I'd like to have something a little smaller for certain carry situations.  I really like how thin the Kahrs are.

The first 120-150 rounds were at 10 yards. The next 30-70 were at 15 yards, and I took a dozen or
so shots at 25 yards. This was all with the Winchester White Box. The Corbon PowerBalls were 14 rounds
at 15 yards, and 6 rounds at 25 yards. I wouldn't trust myself to attempt a head shot at 25 yards without
a rest, but I can certainly keep them inside the torso at that range.

I'm not sure what I think of the CW... I like my PM, but I wouldn't have minded an MK9 or a P9 Covert.

Sam
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top