Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2020 6:09:45 PM EDT
just traded my Taurus TX-22 for this straight up... anything important to know about or is it good to go for a pocket pistol?

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Great gun. Easy to carry. I have accidentally gone swimming with mine. Just rinse and dry. My son bought one too. Neither has failed to work, ever.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot it a bunch to be sure.  Mine is great so far.  I want to try XS Big Dots.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Had one. Too much recoil. Jumps straight up. Glock 26 is much more controllable. Good quality gun though. Went to Glock 43X.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Great pocket gun. One of the smaller 9mm’s out there.  Mine has always run 100% and is very accurate. Congrats on your acquisition!
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve had one for years and it’s always worked well.  I probably have less than 1000 rounds through it though.  Lots of recoil but it’s super small and lightweight.  I put rubberized Talon grips on it and that helped quite a bit with recoil control.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies!  I took it to the range yesterday... shot 10yards with both winchester white box 115 gr... and my carry load Sig V-Crown 147gr...  this little pistol is quite accurate... it fed both FMJ and HP with no issues...  It does have a little snap do to it's size, but very controllable. the long double action trigger pull did not bother me, but my finger did get pinched at the top of the trigger during reset a few times...

the guy I got the pistol from said he had issues with broken followers in the mags ...  anyone ever heard of this?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of broken follower issues. Sounds weird.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Broken follower happened to me with a 6rd mag.  Also the floor plate on the 6rd mags can slide off as the button is not flush
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Kahr did have problems with the followers breaking in the polymer guns.
The problem was, under recoil the rear of the barrel feed ramp was striking the front of the mag follower and breaking it off.

Kahr corrects this by machining a slight amount of metal from the lower-rear of the barrel.so it cant contact the follower.
They'll send you new followers if your's break, but you should have the barrel issue addressed to prevent the follower breaking and possibly causing a malfunction when you need it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow.  Never knew this. Very interesting.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top