Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 9:56:06 PM EDT
I was looking for a 1911 with light rails and found out about the Springfield Loaded Operator.  

Is the Operator any good? How is the accuracy and reliability? What would be a good price for one?

Will 10rd. magazines fit perfectly? Should I use Springfield magazines or aftermarket Wilson Combat magazines?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The Operator has a good rep. It uses a one-piece barrel instead of the usual Springfield two-piece.

Accuracy will vary as it does with any gun due to ammo & shooters. All things being equal, it should be a bit better than average, IMO.

As for mags, Wilson's are good mags but perhaps a bit overpriced, IMO. I use Chip McCormick mags but mine is a single stack.

Price will vary a bit from region to region. They usually seem to be in the $700-800 range somewhere. I'm not sure if all models have night sights or not.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
the Operator is a good platform for sure. I have a TRP Operator I use for work and another team member liked mine and opted for the Loaded type. Another member wants one as well but right now RSR doesn't have a one. Reliability and accuracy are execellent. I don't think you could go wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top