Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 6:53:15 PM EDT
I just looked at a new springfield. I think it is thier standard model. It has a green finish, rounded top on the slide, a set of non Night Sight novacks, A black beavertail, black ambi safety, and front/back serrations. The selesman said that I could shoot this for the rest of my life and not even come close to wearing it out. The price was $695.00 out the door.
I have a Two-tone old frame style glock #22 with night sites that they offered $340.00 for on a trade. What do you guys think? Any complaints or tips? Also where would I get a set of night sites for it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Think of this sorta like trading cars. New cars seldom sell for the sticker price, do they? And you are seldom offered what your old car will actually bring on the used market.

Not being able to see your Glock, or to know the local market for used pistols in your area, it is pretty much impossible to say that this is a "good" or "bad" deal, but I can say that you can probably do better by selling your old gun yourself...if it has 15rd. mags, this is a real plus for a sale...and shopping for a lower price on the Springfield for cash. This, however, is going to take time...instant gratification is more expensive.

Like cars, you "shop" for a gun by being willing to walk away from a deal if it is not what you consider to be fair. If you decide you just GOTTA have THIS gun right NOW, be prepared to pay more. Also, don't fall into the trap of believing that gun dealers are ALL out to "fleece" you because they try and make a profit. They have business expenses such as insurance, rent, salaries, taxes etc. etc. etc. that must be covered, while a private seller has none of those considerations. Yeah, some dealers are assholes...but then, so are some customers!

Good Luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top