Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:20:25 PM EDT
I bought a XD9 Subcompact a month ago and Ive been practicing with it put about 200 rounds and it seems it is shooting high left all the time.  Ive been shooting at about 20 feet and I have to aim a good bit down and to the right to get it to hit on target.   Is this right for a subcompact?  What range should the gun be accurate to?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be your grip. According to a "problem solver target" I have if you hit high and left you are pushing in anticipating the recoil. Get on a solid bench rest and then see where the gun is hitting. My xd9 sub can get 1 inch at 10 yards from a rest.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you adjusted your sights?

Mike
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Ill try that Skag thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
how do you adjust your sights? i thought they were fixed
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not the sights. Try putting a snap-cap in the mag somewhere and see if you flinch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#6]
You can adjust them right and left buy drifting.(punch)

At 25 yards you are suppose to use 6 o clock sight picture.Bench mine is on at 25 yards
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Well Im not going to be able to shoot again for two weeks so I cant test these thing out.  But I shoot my friends gun perfect yet I can shoot my own near as accurate.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well Im not going to be able to shoot again for two weeks so I cant test these thing out.  But I shoot my friends gun perfect yet I can shoot my own near as accurate.

All guns are different. Practice, Practice, practice!!!! You will get good with your XD.  Test the above next range trip and start your journey to accurate shooting!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 40 XD Sub. after changing over to full size mags. I Shot alot better. More to hold onto and better control. I shoot mine at 20 yds and group nice. Just alot of practice. I want to get a 45acp. There is a round that you need to shoot a ton to be good with also. I have been told by many of real good, and few great hand gunners. That its all about how much you shoot, that tells you how you shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top