Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:22:51 PM EDT
Folks, I apologize if this is covered in another thread, but my time is limited for a while.

Straight up question.

Has anyone out there tried (not heard....  first hand knowledge please) a 4" XD 45acp in leather for the 4" 9 or 40?  I need a holster for the ACP, and have found several vendors that advertise holsters as fitting the "4inch XD" without mention of caliber.  

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I can tell you I ordered and got a KYDEX holster for my XD45acp from Fist Inc and they didn't have a mold for the new 45acp, so I told them to make it for the XD40 (4") and I have got the holster (12days from date of order by the way) and it fits fine. It will fit in a XD9 leather holster but too tight for my liking. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have. I am still wating for the magazines I ordered from Springfield, but hey I got two so it will do for now. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes that does help.  Thanks.  It tells me there is a difference and I should probably wait until the leather makers get hold of a 45 to build around.  

Dang.... not what I wanted to hear.... but thanks!

BT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent two emails this morning.  One to Springfield to ask about dimension differences in the XD 40 and the XD 45.  The response was that the only difference in the slide was length and that was from breech face to the rear of the slide - identical from breech forward.  Also, grip size not including the trigger guard.  From that info they should interchange.

The second email was to Dillon Precision who has a 5JR listed for the "4 inch XD" - no calibers listed.  I asked simply if the 45acp model would fit.  The answer I got back...  and I'll bet it took a long time to type... one word.....   NO  

So, I guess I wait until some of the leather builders get a 45 to build around....    

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I just tried yesterday to find a good paddle holster, and my 45 acp fit the XD-40's one perfect. I couldn't use the one that came with it b/c I'm left handed.

My bi-tone XD-40, I have an Uncle Mike's size 16. I really like that one for when I am hunting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Strange....  I believe what you are telling me....  but I saw a thread on THR where someone had stated that they tried the UM size 15 and 16 and neither one worked well.  The 15 he stated worked but was very tight aroudn the trigger guard, keeping it from going all the way in.

Back to indecision!...  

Thanks for the input in any case.

What model do you have in the Uncle Mikes?  I had considered picking up one of the "Super Belt Slides" to use until I can get a CQC/s for it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top